Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

We did it, picked up a 2010 PZEV

3K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Tuned200 
#1 ·
Hey,

Well we finally did it. We just picked up a red 2010 PZEV on Thursday. Our first Subaru ever. Thanks a ton to everyone who helped answer questions in the last few weeks. This site has been a great help with more info than I have found on the Subaru website.

The member mishap section was a nice help because no matter how bad the accident people always kept saying how they walked away without a scratch which is a pretty strong endorsement.

As I stated in another thread we tried the Equinox but it was too chunky and didn't feel responsive. The Forester feels more like the car I am used to driving. The PZEV was a nice touch for us because we got the power seat I wanted and we can feel better about not polluting as much. I read some say it is louder than a regular model so I had the sales rep start them one after another and I didn't see a big difference so if that is all there is I can live with it.

We got winter tires, rims, hubcaps, winter mats, rear bumper cover, cargo protector, cargo cover, and a remote starter added so I should be pretty comfy when the snow finally flies. With the awd bring it on! Mainly it will be for my wife during the week since she is on mat leave with our daughter but come the weekend I hope to get to play!

I'll get some pics up soon as I can. Thanks again to everyone for the help.

See less See more
#4 ·
I am seeing more and more PZEVs here in New Jersey lately. I just wonder what effect on long term reliability the extra emission control stuff might have though. Any time you add more environmental controls to an engine, you add more stuff than can break and stress the machine a little more.

#7 ·
I know what you mean that was one of my concerns as well. But end of the day I couldn't wait three more years to see if they had any problems so I'll rely on my warranty. If it can go the 5 yrs 100K with no problems then I'll be happy. In the meantime I'm happy to know I'm polluting less.

#8 ·
Good choice!

Welcome to the forum from MA, USA. Great choice of vehicle and your wife will love the remote starter. re the pzev engine, at cold start it can sound loud and harsh and somethimes the revs will go up and down disconcertingly. My experience after 4 months ownership=the start up revs have leveled at a consistent 1,500, which I can live with. Keep in mind, if it revs higher or unevenly and you want to smooth it out, just a light tap on the accelerator will bring the revs down to about 1,000. In MA, all Foresters are PZEV, it's not an option we can choose. P.S. a large double-double from Tim Horton's fits very nicely in the square cupholder.
Steve
09 2.5X AT pzev

#11 ·
got my new forester with pzev tuesday and love,love,love it. it is rather loud first starting and the little blue light will tell you when it has been warmed up enough i am glad i had the remote starter put in before i picked it up! love my new white 2.5 premium all weather package subaru

#12 ·
Welcome to the group Corson27, you are gonna love your new ride.

Was going to get the remote start but didn't. Turns out even in 10 degree weather between the heated seats and the super fast engine warm up I'm usually unzipping my jacket after just a few minutes.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.