1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 2.5XT 5 SP Man
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YET ANOTHER PROBLEM!

this subaru is really starting to piss me off now

just noticed there is a wet patch on the passenger side of the roof lining, its just where the plastic A pillar and the roof lining meet.

armed with two flat headed screwdrivers I have managed to take off the trims as much as I can (in a hotel carpark)

I can see the sunroof drain which appears to be dry, is there anywhere else it leaks as a common problem.

I will put a bead of mastic around the windscreen at the weekend just to be sure

·
Registered
2003 Forester 2.0 XT 5MT
259 Posts
I had this problem and I took it to the dealer to see they opinion. The offered me a sunroof maintenance which consisted of cleaning the drains and lubricating the railings for the absolutely convenient sum of $150.000 COP (which in US Dollars will be just $75). I'm pretty sure you will not get that price at you local dealer but you can try someone specialized in sunroofs.

The thing is that the water leaking into my passanger seat stopped completely. However I still have a leak in the cargo area just where seatbelt hanging from the roof is. This leak in my case occurs only when I have the car parked. I think there is a chance that the rail gets filled up with water and in my efforts to check if there was leakage in the front area, I moved the sun screen backwards which caused water in the rails to leak to the lining. This is my theory and I hope I'm right because I cannot think of something else if the drains are already free.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts