Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 2.5 L--Manual
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my last oil change on my 03' 2.5X i noticed some emulsified water on the dipstick. it wasn't a lot but definitely noticeable. i don't think it got in from the top but maybe. i didn't notice anything when i drained the oil, but i wasn't looking for it at that point either.

just wondering if anybody else has had this issue and what it might be from. i am coming up on another change so i will take note to check again.

thanks

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
Has it been cold in your area? I sometimes get condensation inside the dipstick tube that gives it that look when I check the dipstick, but nothing in the oil pan or oil system. My last oil change had more than I normally get, but the oil was fine when I drained it.

·
Registered
2003 2.5 L--Manual
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think it might actually be condensation. it is just a the dipstick and the cap, nowhere else. i had the same thing with my dirtbike and ice riding. changed the oil in the subi today and the oil looked fine. i will keep an eye on it now as the weather gets warmer to see if it goes away.

·
aka DMax in Alaska
'06 Mini Cooper S JCW 6MT
787 Posts
i think it might actually be condensation.
That is what I was thinking too.

lamoson...What are you driving habits? Does the car stay outside where it gets cold-soaked? Do you make short trips where the engine may never fully heat up?

·
Registered
2011 Forester X AT
4,235 Posts
The amount of crankcase condensation can be worsened by a clogged pcv valve. May want to check it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts