Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my headlights went so being an import took it to Foresters to make sure I got the correct bulb. They changed it no light. Noticed moisture inside the lens. Tomorrow they are taking the front bumper off to get at the lights. Only 3 things it can be bulb, leads or water in base of lens? Don’t want to be able to only use one light with the nights drawing in. Apparently a common problem not just with Subaru’s. Will let you know. Cheers Alan

·
Premium Member
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The ballast was full of water. They managed to dry out the unit however there is a tiny little pin prick on the front of the lens. I’m looking to buy 2 units. Anyone know where I can get 2 number Cross Sports lens Units?

Cheers.
Alan

·
Registered
268 Posts
i would not touch buycarparts with a ****ty stick, well i would with a **** stick but i would not give them any money. I and many others have got burnt by them, check out the independent site reviews place.

If its a tiny prick, why not just use clear silicone sealant?

·
Premium Member
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Brilliant Don. As I write Ivan at Foresters has stripped the whole unit down and refurbishing it and sealing. With the rain today the bulb went again. Apparently garages send Subaru Headlight units to him to refurbish. Thanks fir the replies I will keep you posted. ATVB Alan

·
Premium Member
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He has completely rebuilt it and sealed all round.

It has been battered by th3 very heavy rains this afternoon and so far is still work8n* perfectly.

Fingers crossed good job Ivan/Foresters.

Cheers

Alan

·
Premium Member
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great news it is sealed and working brilliantly even after all this rain today. The Osram High Intensity bulbs are wicked. Really clear view of everything in front of me. Happy Fozzie owner!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts