Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,741 Posts
@2.5x_sleeper I have an iSpring kit as well... Although not an RO, but down to 1micron + UV light for the fridge/ice cubes and cooking.
(Their customer service has been spot on)

Not willing to sacrifice what little space I have available in the garage for a proper water filtration setup.

Jealous of the DI setup...

C.

Attachments

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
37,567 Posts
@HeyChris your system will give you bacterial free water with a small amount of TDS. If you add the DI stage, you'd have "perfect water", but really not necessary for drinking water. Strangely, some people "want" minerals in their water, so after removing everything, they add a stage to add back in specific minerals!

The RO membrane filter is rated at 0.0001 micron, so that's actually filtering out a good percentage of the bacteria, so unless you're on well water, that's all you need.

As to our system, I had an existing Sears 2 stage system, so when I installed the RO system, I retained the Sears 2 stages as additional prefilters.

City water ► 20 micron filter ► 10 micron filter ► iSpring (stage 1) 5 micron filter ► on to the other filters.

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Premium Member
2018 Forester XT Touring
234 Posts
I had a CR Spotless system and hated it. Leaked like crazy, ended up selling it. I’ve been super happy with the Griots product. I’m on a well and the water would etch the glass in minutes without it. I use it with low flow pressure washer and foam cannon and can wash my car in direct sunlight with no issues. I wish they still offered a cart, I’ve tried modifying a pull cart with a bungee cord but the setup is not ideal.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Based on all of the research I've done, the CR system is lowest rated and I would never buy one. The Griots and the DI Rinse systems are the way to go.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
After all this time...I finally got a chance to use it...the rain in N. FL has been crazy but we finally got a break in the action. I must say that I am extremely pleased with the results. It was a hot, sunny day today with a high of 95. I washed the car as I normally do...rinsed it off well and then turned on the deionizer. Rinsed the car completely with DI water and then just let her bake in the sun. NO WATER SPOTS 😃 The only thing I had to do after it dried was wipe some minor spotting off the glass...came off SUPER EASY unlike when the hard water dried on the glass leaving water stains that were a MAJOR PITA to get off. Wiped right off with no effort and the car looks amazing. For $300, I'd say money well spent and I would highly recommend(y)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts