Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 5MT
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, so i recently purchased the JDM water cooler piece for the center console but upon installing it, i found that it doesn't seem to install as smoothly as others have found! my issue is that the brackets that i have and also purchased with the cooler don't match up for installing, i have the tube to feed the cool air in, the led light, the upper trim piece, all i need is how the heck to install it!!! i've drilled numberous holes trying to fit it up but for some reason i can't get it to line up right. the center console trim seems to catch the cooler on the sides.... any one with an 04' do this install?

Also another note, i would really like to find out if there is a way to install the ac control panel off of a 05+ on a 04?

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
hmmm i have the cooler too but haven't put it in yet. the guy i bought it from said that some of the stock cage needs to be cut... need to find his PM. it was scans007.. but i think i saved the PM to a CSV on my home comp. Did you have to order the LED and tube from Japan too? I didn't get those things. awaysooner has it too.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 5MT
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea you cut the cage to allow the air tube to install onto the cooler, from there i need to figure out how to bolt the cage to the cooler, and then the cooler and cage to the dash!

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
^hehe and here i was only thinking about how the heck i was going to fit our huge american tissue boxes into there..

·
Registered
13 BRZ Limited 6MT
971 Posts
so did you ever wind up getting this installed? Would you mind sharing all the part numbers for the parts needed for a "complete" install?

·
Registered
13 BRZ Limited 6MT
971 Posts
it's a double din pocket that has an adapter so that you can cool (or heat) water bottles using the HVAC.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 5MT
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It heats and cools depends on what your running, A/C or Heater. It is installed and it is made for the STi's so modification IS REQUIRED! I love it! it looks nice! here's a pic after the install complete minus the upper piece that fills the gap above the door thats now been installed too.
[/URL][/IMG]
I'll take some more recent pics tonight! there is a hook up for the pluming just off to the left of the unit when installed as well, the hose thats provided doesn't fit it very well though so i plan to make a piece to fit it! i also changed the green LED to a UV purple color... lol when driving at night it's less visable behind the door.
► Edit - moderator's note - the images on this post are not recoverable. :frown:

Bobby...

·
Registered
13 BRZ Limited 6MT
971 Posts
It heats and cools depends on what your running, A/C or Heater. It is installed and it is made for the STi's so modification IS REQUIRED! I love it! it looks nice! here's a pic after the install complete minus the upper piece that fills the gap above the door thats now been installed too.
Lookin great! Do you have the Subaru Part Numbers for all the parts needed?

Will a sandwich fit in there?
Yes, depending on the size of the sammich tho.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts