Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
im wondering if anybody can get me a picture of the mounting brackets off of the rear seatbelts in your 03-06 forester.
my forester has no seatbelts in the rear (thanks to the previous owner) and i found some out of an 06 impreza wagon. i know that some parts out of the wagon will fit our foresters but i want to be sure before i fork out the cash.

i know that i shouldnt have an issue getting the buckles to bolt in, its the actual seat belt assembly that im not positive about, especially the middle seat belt.

or if you already know that these will fit, any information would be awesome.

looking in the parts catalogs for the impreza wagon and the forester, they have the exact same picture diagram for both, (different pics for the impreza sedan, and other models) but different part numbers.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
are you talking about the shoulder restraint or where the buckle actually bolts in under the bottom seat cushion?

·
Registered
2003 Forester
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, the shoulder restraints. the part that bolts to the roof of the car above the headliner (for the middle belt) and into the c-pillar (for the r and l sides).
all of the actual shoulder belt assemblies. my car has none of them, and its extremely inconvenient not being able to carry people in the back seat.

·
Registered
2003 Forester
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, that actually does help a little.
didnt know for sure if ours had the adjustable shoulder restraints.

also, i really need to see the actual tensioner assembly under the plastic. im not sure if the bolts are in the same place as the impreza.

·
Registered
2003 Forester
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats fine.
i dont want somebody to do something that they arent comfortable with.
i didnt know if there may be someone here that may have the rear taken apart enough already or something.

·
Registered
SG9 Forester XT Stick Shift
1,670 Posts
Did you buy the car from a dealer? Are you sure this not gray market vehicle from Puerto Rico or somewhere else that does not require rear safety belt. Its illegal for any dealer to sell car that does not meet federal safety regulation.

FYI: safety belt are covered for the life time of the vehicle in US. This does not relate to the warranty period. I believe the acceptable life time of a vehicle is at least 15 years old.

·
Registered
2003 Forester
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Take urs apart and I can compare it w. An impreza I have here
is it one out of an 02+ wagon?
and i will go take some here in just a bit. top gear is on and im addicted. lol.

Did you buy the car from a dealer? Are you sure this not gray market vehicle from Puerto Rico or somewhere else that does not require rear safety belt. Its illegal for any dealer to sell car that does not meet federal safety regulation.

FYI: safety belt are covered for the life time of the vehicle in US. This does not relate to the warranty period. I believe the acceptable life time of a vehicle is at least 15 years old.
no, its an american car. bought from an individual.
there is no warranty issue for the belts, the previous owner took them out and did god knows what with them.
warranty doesnt cover blatant stupidity. so, i have to find some for myself.
but, i got a great deal on the car, so im not complaining too much.

·
Registered
2003 Forester
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well, looking at the mounting holes in my forester (thanks for the idea garagexti), and the stock pic of the ones i found for sale, they appear that they would work. albeit the only pic i have access to is a crappy small quality.

thats the mounting holes in the forester.

the only one i cant tell on is the middle one that bolts to the roof hidden by the headliner.

thanks very much for the help and comments everybody.

Attachments

·
Registered
442 Posts

Gray Market Puerto Rico????? buddy get your facts straight, over here in PR is the same as in USA for safety regulations.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts