Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2005 forester
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has there never been sold forester sti's in US? i am maiby looking for one. but japan is only righthand drive.. and i Denmark is it left side..

has i not been sold anywhere but japan?

regards

Thomas Nørst

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,759 Posts
Thomas, all FSTI's are RHD. They were sold in Japan, Asia and now the UK. It has never been sold in the US or Canada.

·
Registered
05 XT Lux
207 Posts
Australia has no FSTis either even though we are RHD , closer to Japan and I would think enough consumer demand.
WAKE UP SUBARU AUSTRALIA

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,449 Posts
The Forester STI has never been officially sold in any other countries than Japan. The FSTI's in the UK and a handful of other countries are gray imports sold through import companies, not Subaru dealerships.

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,759 Posts
^^ I thought I read the 07-08 FSTI's were imported into the UK officially, the earlier ones were grey imports.

·
Registered
2013 WRX Limited Manual
563 Posts
If it was sold in the US, I would sell my XT tomorrow and buy an FSTI...

·
Registered
1999 Forester
40 Posts
Do any of you know of any trust worthy import companies?
Your generally better off having someone convert your forester to STi. You are probably looking at 10K + though. I could recommend one of the best in Washington state to you but... thats clear on the other side of the country for you.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S, auto
444 Posts
Do any of you know of any trust worthy import companies?
You absolutely cannot do this, assuming you want to get the car registered and road legal. You can do it as a track toy only but you're better off just modding your Forester to equal the performance.

When a Forester STi gets to be 25 years old, THEN you can bring one in just fine.

·
Registered
1999 Forester
40 Posts
That's true but if I contact them it may be possible that they know someone in GA... Will you post the information?
Sure, wont hurt to ask right? They are closed Sundays and Mondays.

Pacific Import Auto
13311 Pacific Ave.
Tacoma, Wa 98444
Tue-Sat 8am-5pm

1-253-536-0389

Don't worry about asking for anyone in particular. Everyone at Pac Import Auto knows their stuff. They've won a few awards with their "Ferocious Forrester's" and are well respected amidst the Subaru enthusiast community (some customers drive close to 100mi to get there. Thats crazy I say).

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,759 Posts
If you're looking to fully convert to a FSTI you can do better for the money. Go FSTI cosmetic but custom on the drivetrain. FSTI has a 6 spd but its not exactly the same as Impreza STI, don't think its LSD in the front for example so if you're doing a swap might as well get the best options . Also the turbo isn't the same and a few other parts.

There's a shop 45 minutes away from here that does amazing work, anything you could want. Here's a build they did this past fall for one of our club members:

Ottawasubaru.com :: View topic - Project Cannibal.

Lots of Cosworth & Rallispec parts + 6 speed swap. Much better than any stock STI.

·
Registered
2006 Forester STi SG9 6S M/T
137 Posts
^^^going into the FSti conversion has no sense as the regular XT can be improved beyond the Fsti specs. Ok, but a good budget may be needed as the standard equipment is intertesting:
A) 6MT Sti transmission
b) Interted struts suspension with special braces/links at the bottom.
c) Brembo Brakes
d) 2.5 engine with vf41 turbo, stregthened conrod/pistons, ported intake manifold, etc.

·
Registered
1999 Forester S
32 Posts
JDMEngineDepot in Kearney, NJ told me they had a full STI drivetrain for sale when I got a tranny from them last month

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ive seen a STI forester in the city i live in and its imported by an older guy that was station in japan and brought it back its still the original blue and the only thing he had done to fit specs was changed driver to lefthand and a few other epa changes to pass emissions but other than that he still drives it to this day

1 - 16 of 16 Posts