Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Extended warranty on a used not purchased from Subaru dealership.

I recently bought a ‘14XT at a VW dealer. I went ahead and got their extended warranty they offered 6yr/72,000 miles with a $250 ded. Deductible is high, I know.
My question is, should I keep it? I’m past the mileage for the added security through Subaru as I have 42k miles. Only thing I have left is the 5 year Powertrain through Subaru. What are my options?

Downside to VW warranty is that I have to go to their dealer for work and I don’t trust them working on my Subaru.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT
112 Posts
That's not a VW warranty, that's the dealer's warranty. I would not take it.

Try visiting a local Subaru dealer and ask if they can offer you a Gold Plus Used Warranty. I got one on my used 14 XT back in July. Make sure you specify Added Security Gold Plus Used.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's not a VW warranty, that's the dealer's warranty. I would not take it.

Try visiting a local Subaru dealer and ask if they can offer you a Gold Plus Used Warranty. I got one on my used 14 XT back in July. Make sure you specify Added Security Gold Plus Used.
That’s what I figured. Wasn’t sure if I was able to get the Subaru warranty still. I’ll call them today.

How much did you end up paying up front on your Subaru warranty since it was purchased after your car sale?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.