Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my wife and I are going to pick up our new Limited tomorrow. Really feel good about the price we are getting it for, after getting totally screwed on my first new car purchase 18 years ago. I know once we get there and get into the financing they try to tack on a bunch of add ons. Here are two specifically that I would love thoughts on:

Extended Warranty - I don't know how much this will cost, but what are the thoughts on the extended warranty to 100k miles? We plan on this being our daughters first car...she is 7 months old :grin2: so we are running it into the ground basically.

Protective Paint Coat - The dealer offers an additional paint layer for $995. Sounds like a ceramic coat, but I don't have those specifics.

Besides those two, are there any other add ons that you all feel is worth it? Are there any add ons that will be offered that should be an automatic no?

John

ps - We have a mechanic who specializes in Subaru that we go to, so he will be doing all of our servicing most likely. When you find a mechanic you trust, its like gold.

·
Registered
2019 Touring CVT
305 Posts
Extended warranty: you have until 3 years or 36,000 miles to buy the warranty. Take time to shop warranty prices. Don’t buy in the finance room. This forum has a whole thread on getting the best price on the warranty. Only get a true Subaru warranty when you do buy.

Protective paint coat: a totally useless expense.

Check and double check the numbers before you sign.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seriously? You can get an extended warranty at 35,900 miles? That is pretty great. I did hear that you don't have to buy the warranty from the same dealer you bought.

Are there any other add ons that you feel would be worth the expense at time of purchase?

·
Registered
2019 Touring CVT
305 Posts
I never get an add-on when I buy my cars. They just complicate the buying process, which the dealers like.
Yes, you can buy the Subaru warranty before the 3 years are up from any dealer you desire. There is a recommended low cost provider of these warranties listed on this forum.

·
Registered
2021 Forester Limited
2,531 Posts
Buy your extended warranty from Luke now and don't wait. You can make 10 equal monthly no interest payments and save any price increases over the years to come. Read the warranty thread...everyone buys their Subaru Gold Plus plans from Luke at an amazing discount. As far as all other add-ons like paint protection, wheel protection, fabric protection...PASS ON THEM ALL. More of a scam and a HUGE money maker for the dealer.

Just my 2 cents.

https://www.subaruforester.org/vbul...-price-paid-merged-thread-685785/index34.html

See posts 485 and 490...you are welcome:wink2:

·
Registered
2019 Forester Base CVT
310 Posts
The paint sealant is a rip-off.

FWIW - When we were shopping for our '19 Forester (base) in October, the dealer quoted over $3,000 for the 7-yr/100K mile Zero-Deductible warranty. I told them that Honda would sell us the same warranty for their CR-V for $1,700. They matched it. And, they still made money. (That's OK - I understand a business has to make some profit, just don't rip me off.) They also sold the Forester for well under sticker with no markups or add-ons.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts