Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Posting here b/c it's either for sale outright or for trade for another foz.

2006 Subaru Baja Sport NA, A/T, Atlantic Blue Pearl, no mods except black plastidipped Outback rims, has the bed extender, tweeters, auto dimming mirror with compass. About 217K. Timing belt, water pump, tensioner, head gaskets just done @214K, just put in a new cabin air filter. Runs, drives fine. Minor problems: exhaust leak (nothing too loud, it doesn't bother me at all but DH would fix it if we were keeping it) and the bearing went in the AC so we took off the belt. Everything else works-windows, moon roof, cd player (single disc). Has the typical Baja seat rips and interior isn't perfect (some scrapes, etc). No rust on the body, a couple parking lot dents but in overall good condition. Comes with an extra set of rims (steelies) with winter tires. We bought it in 2009 with about 25K on it, it's got a lot of highway and country road miles-the original owner was an older retired widow who traded it on a convertible on a whim one day :) Clean title, no accidents. Not a CEL subie.

We are selling because this was DH's daily driver until this past winter when he herniated a disc so badly he needed back surgery. I drove it for a couple months when he couldn't drive, back and forth to work (25 miles each way)-I have complete faith in it. I bought the XS so we each had a car (he used to drive me to work-he works from home), the plan was he would keep the Baja. Unfortunately, he just doesn't find it comfortable to drive since his surgery. It's been 6 months now. We decided to either sell it and buy a third Foz or trade it for one-he is comfortable driving the XS and XT (we wanted three cars, the XS has 118K and the XT has 154K-if one breaks, this way we both still have a car to drive). We had the service done in anticipation of keeping it, but I prefer the XS and he just can't drive something that hurts his back. Originally we planned to drive it for 1,00,000 (million) miles. It's a GREAT car/truck and we don't really want to sell it-but we'll almost never drive it and there's no point in paying insurance and registration for a car that just sits 90% of the time.

FS for $5200 or BO or trade for an SG (03-05) XS or XT with moon roof, 4EAT, in equal condition (running, driving, no rust, doesn't need work unless it's minor-like an AC bearing). Pics to follow, my computer recently bit the dust so I have to redownload etc.

We are in WNY, but we're willing to trade out of the area with one caviet-you will need to come to us. DH can't drive the Baja long distances and I don't drive long distances period (long story but basically, I love cars and hate driving). The Baja originally came from mid-central Ohio.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Close me please :)

Thanks to an awesome SF.org member we now have a Canadian Baja driver seat!! Which means adjustable lumbar support and heat!! So we're going to put that in and hopefully that solves the comfort issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
1 Participant
Greeen
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing