Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd consider trading my stock 17x7s for a set of the 16x6.5 stock bugeye Enkeis, I am crazy? My reasoning is they are light and with 16" wheel I can run higher profile tires for more comfort. Offset is pretty high, anyone running these, have pictures and can comment?

Thank you,

Stan

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,432 Posts
Yes, you're crazy. :wink: I personally thought your car rode pretty comfortably... :confused:

·
Premium Member
10,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I shouldn't have asked if I'm crazy, I already know the answer to that. Geolanders on my 17" stockers are almost gone and I'm a bit bored with the look of the stockers. Bugeye wheels are much lighter and I think it'd be kinda cool to run 16s. Ideally, I could trade my 17s for a set of 16s with good tires on them. What sizes are people running, will 215/60/16 fit?

Stan

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
I have bugeye 5 spokes on my X for winter. 215/60/16 fit just fine. I also ran them on my XT with Swifts last year and had no issues. They are 16.5 lbs, so I noticed a big difference going from the 23 lb OBXT wheels I run in the summer on the X. They ride real smooth an nice, but I thought they were a little twitchy on my XT. The +55 offset shortens the track width and when combined with the big 60 serires sidewall cornering felt...different.

On the X I really don't notice much of a change.

·
Registered
02 Foz 4eat
5,536 Posts
Good timing, I have a friend with an '09 Foz looking for the '07 Foz wheels. Maybe work a trade?

I've run the WRX wheels on our SF. They fit fine, and they're cheap. I've seen numerous sets selling in the $100 range.

·
The Sub kit guy
13,008 Posts
I paid $125 for a set of 5. Mine are painted Pewder, so they are a tad darker than stock silver.

·
Premium Member
10,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd be into trading, but shipping wheels is expensive and is a huge hassle. They are $150 - $200 for a set with tires locally, how much do the '07 17" go for nowadays?

Stan

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
If you have stiff suspension, the 215/60/16 is going to feel really mushy and not all that great. I'd go for a 225/55/16 or something like that.

·
The Sub kit guy
13,008 Posts
Enkie makes a lot of stock subie wheels.

A 225 most likely will rub the stut in the back without spacers.

If you want to go 16", the 98-01 2.5RS wheels are a better choice. They are +53 and 7" wide.

·
Premium Member
10,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^^ Ooh, great idea, thank you. I'll look for those then.

My stock Miata Daisies are made by Enkei too, it even says so on the back of the wheels.

Stan

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,128 Posts
I What sizes are people running, will 215/60/16 fit?
Stan
That is the size that came stock on the '04XT 16"x6.5" wheels. I used to swap my stockers out with the 18s for long trips. You obviously give up performance but it isn't ridiculous. You feel a lot of sidewall flex but if you air them up it isn't too bad.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,432 Posts
We have a set of 02-03 WRX stockers, if you want to do a straight trade, Stan. Or you can run the WRX stockers till you get tired of them and then we'll trade back. :wink: As of now they're just sitting in the shed as a set of throwdowns.

·
Registered
1998 Forester L 5MT
400 Posts
Sorry to threadjack - but does anyone know the weight of the older FXT wheels? I have a set at home that needs tires and I'm not sure if I'll use them again or sell them.
[/IMG]

Neverind. Found it in the OEM Wheels that fit the Forester sticky. 19 lbs.

·
Registered
02 Foz 4eat
5,536 Posts
Enkie makes a lot of stock subie wheels.

A 225 most likely will rub the stut in the back without spacers.

If you want to go 16", the 98-01 2.5RS wheels are a better choice. They are +53 and 7" wide.
If you're not too picky on condition, I have a set of the RS 6 spokes with nearly dead Blizzak's on them. Decent curbing on 3 of them. Figure with shipping I was hoping to get $425 for them.

·
Premium Member
10,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you for the offer, I will keep this in mind.

I hate shipping wheels with tires. If I buy yours and get new tires for them, they'll end up being an $850+ set of wheels :icon_eek:

Stan

1 - 18 of 18 Posts