Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester 2.5i CTV
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my 2014 Forester in June of 2013. At the same time I ordered a bug defector (hood protector) from the dealer. I'm still waiting for it. They keep telling me it's on back order!!!! Has anyone else ordered this accessory and still waiting for it? I've never had this problem with Subaru before and this is my 4th Subaru.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Did they even have a listing for it? I remember looking for them and they didnt even exist when I got my forester.

I'm waiting for someone to install one so I can see what it looks like haha.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
1,359 Posts
I dunno....I know when I bought my XT back in May it was not available as an option....I recall a thread talking about this and that Subaru is still developing one for the 14's....

·
Registered
2019 Forester 2.5i CTV
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wasn't told that the bug deflector wasn't in production, just on back-order. I've tried to see if it's listed as an accessory this year but couldn't find it. So maybe Subaru is not making them for the 2014? I had a deflector on my last two Foresters so I don't know why they wouldn't have one for the '14.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
1,359 Posts
I wasn't told that the bug deflector wasn't in production, just on back-order. I've tried to see if it's listed as an accessory this year but couldn't find it. So maybe Subaru is not making them for the 2014? I had a deflector on my last two Foresters so I don't know why they wouldn't have one for the '14.
Maybe it's trickier since the hood scoop on the XT went internal...they are probably trying to develop one for BOTH applications to keep costs down.....again...I dunno...just thinking out loud I guess.....would love to get it though

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Touring CVT
239 Posts
I also am interested in obtaining the OEM Bug/Hood Deflector for my 2014 Forester. From what I understand from those who know more than I do, the 2014 Forester's hood dimensions are different than the previous 2013 Forester. When they do become available, I would purchase one. I have even checked with other aftermarket companies, they do not offer anything either. Hopefully, if and when the 2014 Bug/Hood Deflectors are available, they will not be difficult to install?

You would think Subaru would have had this item available as opposed to some of the things the have available that are silly. Just my 2-cents.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Automatic
92 Posts
i think i read another thread where a couple guys emailed SOA and they replied saying that they were working on making one, but it wasn't in production yet

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Touring CVT
239 Posts
At this point, if I could find a quality After Market Deflector, I would buy it. I want to do all I can to protect the hood/windshield areas.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
282 Posts
have you thought about adding a clear bra material? I know it doesnt protect the windshield but it can save the hood as well as bumper and mirrors.

Price is considerably more for the material and installation but IMHO it offers way more protection than a bug deflector, if it ever comes to fruition.

·
Registered
2014 Forester automatic
1 Posts
still waiting for 2014 Forester Wheel Arch paid 488.oo

Still waiting since July 2013 for 2014 Forester wheel Arch. I paid for this accessory and still don't have it. I love my Subaru, its my 3rd 2011, 2012 Outback and 2014 Forester. I am trading in this Forester for a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Since this Forester gets me a whopping 18/19 mpg max, after 5K miles, decent driving. I must was well take the Jeep for 17 mpg. So disappointed in Subaru. Both my heavier outbacks got 23/27 mpg. As I see I am not alone in the waiting and disappointment with mpg.

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
12,780 Posts
Still waiting since July 2013 for 2014 Forester wheel Arch. I paid for this accessory and still don't have it. I love my Subaru, its my 3rd 2011, 2012 Outback and 2014 Forester. I am trading in this Forester for a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Since this Forester gets me a whopping 18/19 mpg max, after 5K miles, decent driving. I must was well take the Jeep for 17 mpg. So disappointed in Subaru. Both my heavier outbacks got 23/27 mpg. As I see I am not alone in the waiting and disappointment with mpg.
I am pretty sure Joe Spitz has on Cars101.com that the wheel arches were discontinued and will not be coming out at all... on my phone now so I can't check though.

Edit: http://www.cars101.com/subaru/forester/forester2014.html#options - you can see he lists wheel arch moldings under exterior options as being CANCELLED.

Regarding your gas mileage, it will depend on your driving habits and will always be lower in cold weather and on winter fuel. I would wait until summer to see how your economy is and if it is still poor report it to the dealer.

·
Registered
2019 Forester 2.5i CTV
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can' understand your low gas mileage. I was getting the equivalent of 30mpg in the summer and even in the icy cold winter here in Canada I'm getting at least 26 mpg. and that's mostly city driving. I think I would talk to your dealer. Something is wrong here

1 - 15 of 15 Posts