Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Fast & Dirty
2009 Forester XT 4 speed auto
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope you enjoy the pics and video. My super wife took the video. Thanks Honey.

The is the toughest I have pushed my FXT. There was still room too push. Next week end I guess.:woohoo:

Also, my painted skid plate with new stick survived. Though the entire FXT got a wash on the way home.

I spent $2 on the wand wash on my knees cleaning the underside. You know why if you have seen all the videos.

·
Fast & Dirty
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
VIDEO: complete movie hosted on youtube a few posts down. #13

Please note: 25 second mark. I make the wife jump with the supertones.

This was quite muddy and deep. We both took a look but the wife had NO doubt. Go for it. She is always the one that makes me push the FXT. Thanks Honey.

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,462 Posts
What is that in the background of the last shot? Looks like a dog that is taller than a person standing next to it. Not to mention, is that a grandmother in a moomoo?

·
Registered
2001 Forester Slushbox
1,777 Posts
Beautiful trails and yes you can push it harder.

(Gotta get my a$$ to Canada one day)

·
Fast & Dirty
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Serious??

What is that in the background of the last shot? Looks like a dog that is taller than a person standing next to it. Not to mention, is that a grandmother in a moomoo?
Hmm, that is my 2 year old daughter in her rain coat. Not my Granny in a Moomoo. The dog is Jasmine a Golden Retriever. She likes to eat and sleep. Thus the wide load.:biggrin:

Make fun of my dogs but not the kids.:chair:

·
Registered
2003 XS MT
5,484 Posts
What a great day out with your family!!

Don't you just love spring wheeling? Snow is finally starting to melt... Trails are opening up...

From what I saw you can push harder, but I know for a fact pictures and videos are deceiving. Best to stay comfortable when you've got your family along.

I'm still very jealous. I hope to get up there someday, although it'll probably be on the motorcycle.

·
Registered
2002 Forester XS
57 Posts
Stock tires and suspension. TO avoid bottoming out in the rear (2 dogs and gear) I go slow. I only gun it when there is a chance of getting stuck.
Higher specified variants of the Forester and Outback have always had standard self levelling rear suspension here in Aus. Do you guys miss out on that?

Thanks for sharing the vids.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts