Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Forester 5mt
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have a very weird issue. My front passenger lock and window switches have been switched, i.e. the window control switch now locks and unlocks the doors, and the lock unlock switch raises and lowers the window. Funny thing is that the drivers side controls still work just fine, and no fiddling has been done to any of the window switching electronics.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS 4EAT (sob)
431 Posts
Haha! The switches are different (at least on my car; they're shaped differently) so I can't imagine how it works now! :biggrin:

Maybe a crossed wire of some sort? I don't know if that's a thing that happens, but maybe if you've recently done electrical work of some sort that could happen. :L I'm as curious as you are!

·
Registered
1999 Forester 5mt
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well apparently the switch connectors, the harness connectors, are the same for the locks and the windows (at least on the passenger side). So I tried switching them around, and lo and behold, it works! The real question is how in the world they got that way in the first place! Maybe I just haven't noticed till now! Haha!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts