Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The mountains are getting dumped on today, so me and a buddy are going up to Snoqualmie Saturday morning (11/14) to do some snowboarding in the fresh powder. We will be hiking around the area formerly know as Hyak. Should be some good powder!

Date: 11/14
Time: 8:00am

We will arrive around 8am, and hike/ride until around noon. We will mostly be around the slope where the Hyak chairlift use to be before the landslide took it out. It is a nice open area with varied terrain, and even in low coverage there isn't much to worry about in the way of rocks or trees.

I know it is last minute, but if anyone is interested in joining us let me know! If you don't know where the place is, we could meet up in North bend around 7:30ish.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
1,078 Posts
I wish I lived close, I'd got in a sec. There is no snow to be had in the Lake Tahoe area yet :(

Have fun

·
The Sub kit guy
13,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are getting dumped on right now and the snow level will be 500ft tomorrow. The area we are going is around 3500ft and we will hike up to about 5,000ft, so we have a 1500ft face the play around on. Sunday the snow level goes up to 6,000ft, so it will be 45 degrees and raining in this same spot, so I want to hit it while it is good!

·
The Sub kit guy
13,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They have 10" of new so far, and expect another 10" tonight before clearing up tomorrow morning! It should be a great day!

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
1,078 Posts
I have a great backpack I wear skiing that holds my skis and I very seldom get to use it.

Damn you no-rain California!

Can't wait to see the pics/vids

·
The Sub kit guy
13,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pre-departure check! Looks like it will be me and one buddy. We got our Dekine heli-pro packs, camelbacks and all the gear loaded up! It looks to be a perfect day too! 10" of new snow, 19 degrees and clear skies!

Time to test out the new iPikes!

·
The Sub kit guy
13,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got back! It wsa incredible, but there was almost too much snow up top. There was about 3 ft of new along the ridge, and it made hiking slow going. It was a little heavy and grabby so my buddy had a hard time since he is pretty new to the sport.

I should have pix and maybe some video up later today!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts