Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They fit like a glove.

Painted the grill wrinkle black, took off the fog light grills, made QD sway links and of course got some 215/65/16 Georandar AT/S tires. What you think of the wheels? There BBS Montreal II's off my 2002 GTi that i sold a while back.

:Banane35:

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
^^^Looks good!

Was the offset any different from the stock VW wheels, or were these stock on your GTI?. I seem to recall but can't find it, another post mentioned that VW wheels had a very low offset like 35-38mm. Where as the stock Forester offset is 48mm.

·
Registered
2001 Forester Slushbox
1,777 Posts
Like the grill.
Have wanted to paint mine for awhile now.

·
Registered
2001 Forester Slushbox
1,777 Posts
And the plastic bumper and lowers.
Mothers Back to Black.

·
Registered
2001 Forester
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And the plastic bumper and lowers.
Mothers Back to Black.
Yea thats going to be really nice. I will eventually tackle this too.

As for the wheels, they came stock on my 2002 VW GTI. They are 16x6.5 offset 42. They are called BBS Montreal II.

I think ive seen them on ebay as low as 150 bucks.

·
Registered
:(
471 Posts
Looks great! I had played with the euro BBS idea quite a bit when I had my SF. Never bit the bullet though. You can find them dirt cheap on CL out here :)

Looks 100x better than stockers

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Yea thats going to be really nice. I will eventually tackle this too.

As for the wheels, they came stock on my 2002 VW GTI. They are 16x6.5 offset 42. They are called BBS Montreal II.

I think ive seen them on ebay as low as 150 bucks.
Good to know for anyone else considering them.

·
Registered
99 RS
111 Posts
I posted a question on a VW forum asking if my 2.5RS rims would fit on a TDI I was considering buying and never got any response.

The offset is a bit different but bolt pattern is the same.
Hub hole is bigger on V-Dub and stud holes are bigger on V-Dub too.

Did you put bigger studs on your foz?

·
Registered
2001 Forester
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I posted a question on a VW forum asking if my 2.5RS rims would fit on a TDI I was considering buying and never got any response.

The offset is a bit different but bolt pattern is the same.
Hub hole is bigger on V-Dub and stud holes are bigger on V-Dub too.

Did you put bigger studs on your foz?
All those things are correct. 42 offset on a forester seems perfect. As for the studs, they wouldn't need to be changed as long as you have the properly coned lugs and because the center hole is larger you just have to put the wheel on in the air. First tighten the lugs in a star pattern by hand and then with the socket/tire iron pretty much insures the wheel goes on even and snug. Not a big deal. I used to have audi wheels with audi to vw adapters on my GTI and i had to do the same thing. Had them for 5 years with no issues.

·
Registered
1998 Forester
42 Posts
I really like the grill, might do do that to mine eventually. Very clean lookin SF over all. Rock on!:rock:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts