2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my vote would be for seats but since its not an option i went with a wheel
Yeah, seats could be nice, but mine are in great shape, and hold me fine through the corners. I don't pull too many lateral G's in a lifted Outback anyway. :lol:

But, I vote supercharger :)
I'm sort of working on plans for that, but it will be a year or two. It's going to take some planning / learning about tuning and the time to get all of the parts together.

Yeah, I'm split between all of them. lol. Especially the catback, wheel, and Group N mounts. The mounts would stop the header rattle, catback would sound HAWT, and the wheel would feel / look better than the HUGE stocker.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,861 Posts
Since you're going for "off roading", the rear sway bar can wait. Got to go for the cool Magnaflow exhaust! We have one on all of our vehicles & they sound great, even on the '95 Neon! :wink:

I would recommend a custom axleback, which sounds great on my '07 FSXT & should be under $300. :cool:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Since you're going for "off roading", the rear sway bar can wait. Got to go for the cool Magnaflow exhaust! We have one on all of our vehicles & they sound great, even on the '95 Neon! :wink:

I would recommend a custom axleback, which sounds great on my '07 FSXT & should be under $300. :cool:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

It would have to be a full catback, unfortunately. After poking and prodding around under there, the stock catback is nearly rusted out. :icon_frown: It makes sense though, sense that is the only original exhaust component left (OEM headers and catpipe were both replaced a couple years ago, and I have the Borla reps on it now).

·
Super Moderator
35,861 Posts
It would have to be a full catback, unfortunately. After poking and prodding around under there, the stock catback is nearly rusted out. :icon_frown: It makes sense though, sense that is the only original exhaust component left (OEM headers and catpipe were both replaced a couple years ago, and I have the Borla reps on it now).
That's too bad, but what can you do? :frown: A CAT back will cost a bit more, but it will sound great! Before you go with a made to fit system, check with your trusted muffler shop to see what their cost would be for a custom installed CAT back. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's too bad, but what can you do? :frown: A CAT back will cost a bit more, but it will sound great! Before you go with a made to fit system, check with your trusted muffler shop to see what their cost would be for a custom installed CAT back. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal
Yeah, there are no catback fitments for my car, so the only option is custom. :icon_wink:

·
Super Moderator
35,861 Posts
Yeah, there are no catback fitments for my car, so the only option is custom. :icon_wink:
If you can find a good muffer shop, that's the way to go. The guy that did my axle back was a whiz & he was pickier than me! :icon_eek: I even took the '95 Neon in for the same treatment. I wouldn't have a problem having him do an entire exhaust, if I need one. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2002 Forester S Flat 6 5MT 4.44
143 Posts
catback. I have a strumong on my forester and it sounds awesome. Im sure a custom one would be just as good and cheaper.

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Why an upgraded sway bar on a lifted subi?
Because it spends 95% of its time on the freeway at 70mph, and crosswinds suck. :lol: I'd like the other three much more though, I just added the RSB as an option to see what people thought.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts