Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Forester. The voice recognition software will "load" (the message is "loading voice recognition") over and over taking up to 5 minutes to fully load. At the same time the phone book from my phone will repeatedly reload, sometimes giving the message "download failed" even when the phonebook is there. At times the voice recognition "stutters."

The label on the audio is Harmon Kardon.

Neither Subaru nor the dealer will tell me why they won't contact the audio system manufacturer to see if they have had similar problems.

·
Premium Member
2014 2.0XT Limited CVT
416 Posts
I had similar problems with my HK. Even set up an appointment with the dealer who couldn't identify the issue. Then one day I tried calling my daughter only to have the system repeatedly tell me she didn't exist. Could find her on my phone but not the HK. I eventually clued into the fact that my phone might have more contacts in it (approx 2500) than the HK could handle. Spent a couple of hours weeding out all of the old and useless contacts (down to around 1600) and then resynch'd. After that I had no problems. I think the HK has limited storage capacity and if you use it all it causes voice recognition and phone book problems. Can't be certain if it's the cause but it cutting down the number of contacts worked for me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts