Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally got round to snapping some recent shots of the vinyl wrap ..unfortunately all I could scrounge up was my crappy point and sh*%t camera

Done--semi gloss roof rails & hatch trim, flat black on the lower 1/3. Plastidipped w/ clear acrylic: lower rear bumper trim, bottom rails under sideskirts & JDM fog lamp covers

More detailed photos, materials used, steps & procedures can be found in my members journal.

Subtle carbon fiber exhaust shield added a nice finishing touch.:biggrin:

·
Registered
2005 Sequoia, V70R auto
2,869 Posts
Definitely different. I think your car looked great without it though, just my honest opinion.

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts
I think it looks great JE. a few more final touches(we both know what they are) and the car will be perfect. When you get the spoiler are you going to wrap it or leave it gold?

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the compliments, IMO, looks much better in person.

I should be spending money on a real camera, not car parts..haha

The spoiler will remain sierra gold...

·
Premium Member
06 FXT
2,262 Posts
I like it. Looks sharp, IMO.

I was just thinking about this last night, after seeing a certain Forester at a recent east coast meet.

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you can borrow someone else camera, you cannot borrow a spoiler
great point vinny...:evilatyou:

Looks FANTASTIC!
Thank you...I have some extra for your rails & rear hatch trim...when you are ready.

I like it. Looks sharp, IMO.

I was just thinking about this last night, after seeing a certain Forester at a recent east coast meet.
Thanks...yeah, mountain roads and tracking destroys lower half, and it now it looks new (well sorta).

·
Registered
2001 forester
8 Posts
that look's sweeeeet, is the wrap cheaper than getting it sprayed?, it's a great idea. oh and the motor looks great.

cheers
dave

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think it looks ok.... I prefer the paint though.

Does your bumper fit ok? It looks very wavy under the light.
Bumpers fit like they should....The JDM front end has weird spaces around the headlight surround that are only noticeable at eye level. But pass rear has a lil wave to it, as I pushed a dent out after a snowy mis-drift. Pics are in my journal somewhere.

that look's sweeeeet, is the wrap cheaper than getting it sprayed?, it's a great idea. oh and the motor looks great.

cheers
dave
I only paid for product and partial labor..as a friend helped me do it. But I was quoted at $500-$600. I can always go back to gold too...:Banane17:

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
you have to score those fender flares that dale has to totally complete the look. looks good though, especially those roof rails, i have to get busy!

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you have to score those fender flares that dale has to totally complete the look. looks good though, especially those roof rails, i have to get busy!
I don't need fender flares yet w/ my 18x9...but we will re-determine once my 18x9.5 come in. I am fairly sure Dale has a JDM underground mafia sourcing parts for him, and I couldn't get them if I tried....hactually, when I started my rear spoiler search a while back...the Syms one that he has was discontinued.

But yes...black roof rails are a must do for early years...get to work!!!:biggrin:

2007 XT Sports Manual
6,407 Posts
Finally got a 1st person view of this over the weekend...

Looks great! You guys definitely took the time to wrap all the lil' nooks and crannys.

Oh, and the carbon fiber exhaust heatshield is totally LEGIT!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Your car looks awesome in person..the pics defiantly don't do it justice. Your wheel are dope, I'm getting them in 17x9 for mine! nice meeting you and thanks for the info :rock:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts