Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Did a RallyX last weekend in Moab. It was amazing! Had a blast, beat up the car a bit, and I feel that I did pretty good (though I still don't know what my times were).

I have two videos. The first one below is of my runs. The second video is the other cars that we filmed. Second video will be posted shortly.

Second Video:

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
5,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Think the launches were pretty damn good for the engine being STOCK. I removed the Stage II and went back to stock as I thought I had a knock issue from it as the car was pulling boost and timing badly the night before I had to drive out to the Rally. Ended up being a mad MAF sensor. Swapped that out, the night before the rally, had the car prepped at 1am. Drove out to Moab at 5am. Haha.

Car still launches super hard and quick. I was incredibly impressed with how much pep the stock engine has with the larger tires. I probably would have dropped down time if I was still stage II as I would have been spinning the tires more than I already was.

Got the car as close to two wheels as you can probably get without rolling it, and I was happy with the times I got in the morning runs (I still haven't seen the times from the afternoon runs).

·
Premium Member
2016 XT Touring CVT
656 Posts
Cool vid, thanks for sharing!! What lift do you have in your Foz? I couldn't find anything about it in your journal from you.

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
5,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool vid, thanks for sharing!! What lift do you have in your Foz? I couldn't find anything about it in your journal from you.
Yeah, sorry. I have a LOT of updating to do in my journal.

It's a SUMO Parts lift kit. Stainless Steel, 2" lift with the rear trailing arm spacer to re-center the rear wheel. I love it. Camber correcting, didn't even need camber bolts for the rear to get it back in alignment. It has taken a beating so far, so it's holding up well.

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
5,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Second video posted above in the original post!

·
Premium Member
2016 XT Touring CVT
656 Posts
Well done!!!

Do you clean your air filter between runs?... seems pretty dusty, I'm thinking the filter could get pretty clogged throughout the day.

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
5,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Awesome. Those launches were hard as HELL. :rock: Good to see forum members pushing the limits with their cars.
What good are launches if you aren't going to launch the HELL out of it! Haha! :lildevil:

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
5,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well done!!!

Do you clean your air filter between runs?... seems pretty dusty, I'm thinking the filter could get pretty clogged throughout the day.
Haven't checked it yet, lol. I have a K&N too, so I'm sure that thing is completely clogged. Need to clean it for sure!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts