Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 forester that is vibrating when i have the wheels turned and accelerate forwards or backwards. No vibration when driving.

any info on what to look at would be helpfull.
thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry if i did not explain very well. Here is what is going on. If i have the wheels straight ahead and i accelerate from a dead stop there is a very brief light vibration between 1 and 10 mph. If I have the wheels turned all the way to the left or right and accelerate there is a more intense vibration that goes away once i continue to accelerate and straighten the wheels out. If i crank the wheels hard to the left or right and hold it there and accelerate from a dead stop it dose the same intense vibration. when i am driving on the road there is no vibration weather i am going straight or around a curve in the road. But as soon as i stop and make a turn it happens again.

Hope that explains it better.

thank you

·
Registered
2018 Forester Premium
80 Posts
You've got something going wrong in your drive train. I have a 2018 Forester and have no vibration at all.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring CVT
236 Posts
Sorry if i did not explain very well. Here is what is going on. If i have the wheels straight ahead and i accelerate from a dead stop there is a very brief light vibration between 1 and 10 mph. If I have the wheels turned all the way to the left or right and accelerate there is a more intense vibration that goes away once i continue to accelerate and straighten the wheels out. If i crank the wheels hard to the left or right and hold it there and accelerate from a dead stop it dose the same intense vibration. when i am driving on the road there is no vibration weather i am going straight or around a curve in the road. But as soon as i stop and make a turn it happens again.

Hope that explains it better.

thank you
Where is the vibration coming from?
-Seat
-Steering wheel

What sounds are made as it is vibrating?

Where does the sound come from front or rear?

How many miles on you forester?

Last time the parking brake and all brakes were touched, readjusted,or replaced?

You've got something going wrong in your drive train. I have a 2018 Forester and have no vibration at all.

that last part of what you said was not helpful in any way. This person has an 06 forester, what does that have to do with you owning a new 2018 model. Unless your trying to tell them "i do not have any vibration issues, for your information i have a 2018 forester". which still simplifies down to "My car is not have this problem, but i do not have the same car as you, in fact its 12 year newer then your car".

If you have owned a similar car as this person then say "i used to own an 06-10 forester with X amount of miles and never had that problem."

Im not tryin to pick on you dude, just trying to prevent unnecessary posts and comments that do not add either sympathy or help.

Im sure we can all agree, it is annoying trying to read through a technical thread or understand a complicated idea. we have to read every post. when your reading every post and the discussion gets side tracked or we get distracted or the post is not helpful then it becomes a small waste of time that adds up.

try to be more thoughtful in how you post, is what im saying.

look forward to helping you diagnose this.

Thanks

·
Registered
2018 Forester Premium
80 Posts
@1roamingnome Ya' your right! It was late at night and my wife was hollering at me to come to bed when I saw that post. I thought to myself, Woooo, that poor guy has what sounds like a serious tranny problem. I've never heard of a Subie having a tranny vibration that bad so I wanted to encourage him to get to a mechanic soon before more damage is caused. I wasn't trying to be a smart a--, although on reflection, I see how one could come to that conclusion. I always try to be helpful on this and other blogs that I belong to, so I apologize if I offended anyone. I'll take more time to explain my thoughts the next time around. :grin2:

·
Registered
249 Posts
@jon5224 considering when this happens, it could be abs system causing one brake wheel to drag, or differential , main drive shaft u joint or carrier bearing, half drive shaft cv joint,.. or wheel bearing, or as simple as worn motor mount, it will take a detailed exam to determine it,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts