Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester S
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...first post here. Long time Subaru fan, short time Subaru owner.

'01 Forester S with 206,000 miles, or as I like to say, 86% the mean distance to the Moon.

Just bought it this summer...4000 miles ago and have owned Honda/Acura all my life up until this. First mod...KB short shifter, KB front/rear shifter bushings, KB crossmember bushings, KB pitch mouth, and GroupN transmission mount. The two engine mounts were not changed--they are stock. Install went fine thanks to PB Blaster and an impact wrench.

Excellent results. Couldn't be happier. NVH has increased to the level of yes-you-have-a-motor-in-your-car but it is acceptable. Makes for a nice sense of urgency. Vehicle start is louder on account of the dog bone, but once on my way, no issue.

EXCEPT...between 2750rpm and 3000rpm. There is a somewhat annoying vibration. Annoying enough for me to post about it. Having changed nothing else, this vibration was there to begin and was being absorbed by the super squishy ultra plush mounts.

Question is, what might be causing it??? Lots of things spinning around under that there hood. Crank pulley and worn belt? Timing belt with one tooth left before lift off? Giant block of carbon on #2 piston? What can I "add to cart" that will make this go away???

Any suggestions? Such a narrow RPM band makes me wonder. Many thanks!
:icon_question:

·
Registered
1998 Forester
213 Posts
Can you fell the same vibration by taking the motor to 2800 rpms with the vehicle parked? Or is it only under a load at 2800 rpms?

·
Registered
2001 Forester S
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, well, I haven't thought to rev it up in neutral, but it happens on load and in-gear deceleration thru the aforementioned rev range. More pronounced on load and steady-state cruising though. Thanks for the reply--

1 - 3 of 3 Posts