Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 03 xs. My problem as of recently is it feels that the front driver tire is vibrating bouncing at anything over 35-40 mph. I have no idea what it is. I thought it might be bad tires and since the ones I had needed changing I need. The brand new ones however do the same thing. I thought maybe they were out of balance but ive been back to get them rebalanced and still have the same problem. If I let off the acceleration it smooths out and stops vibrating/bouncing. It is not always real bad, sometimes its a tolerable vibration then the road changes and it feels like my wheel is vibrating so much its going to come flying off.

Do any of yall have any ideas?

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,432 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dead strut.
I thought that too but I did a bounce test and it doesnt bounce at all? Got to looking and the passenger side inboard cv joint is mssing its boot. I know axles can cause some vibrations but at times it feels as if the wheel is about to fly off. Im going to change the axle reagrdless.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,432 Posts
Bounce tests can be inconclusive... if you want to be certain about the strut you'll probably have to dismount the spring and see if the strut still rebounds by itself.

·
Registered
2002 ES300
4,412 Posts
Being that only happens under acceleration, I would say it's front axles. Had a similar issue on my 2001.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts