Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Recovering Modaholic
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody go from a stage 2 to a stage 2.5/stage 3 VF39 map?

was the difference in power that noticable? I'm wondering if I should install an AP for a few weeks before I install teh VF39 so I dont spoil myself with too much power?

Doug.

·
Recovering Modaholic
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
DOHCammin said:
thanks, I was looking for FXT stage2 to the FXT w/STi TMIC/TBE/VF39 map. I wonder if there's a huge difference betweent the STi stage2 and the VF39 map? I read through that thread but I dont think anybody is using the VF39 map yet.
The VF39 map is slightly different from the STi stage 2 w/ the powerband but is more conservative w/ power than the STi stage 2...if that is what you are asking.

I would actually chose to run the new FXT stage 3 VF39 map than the STi stage 2 just b/c it is better suited for the forester.

...but of course I am awaiting custom maps from Jarrad at PDX which are even better but aren't free.;)

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT
815 Posts
DOHCammin said:
thanks, I was looking for FXT stage2 to the FXT w/STi TMIC/TBE/VF39 map. I wonder if there's a huge difference betweent the STi stage2 and the VF39 map? I read through that thread but I dont think anybody is using the VF39 map yet.
Reread the thread, I have been using the map since the day it was posted. Its a great map, look here about half way down:

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/forums/showthread.php?t=683&page=7

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
From what I read and am hearing, I would have to say the maps are rated this way from least powerful to most powerful running on a forester:

FXT stock ECU map w/ TD04
FXT stage 1 w/ TD04
FXT stage 2 w/ TD04
STi stock ECU map w/ VF39
STi stage 1 w/ VF39
FXT stage 3 w/ VF39
STi stage 2 w/ VF39

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
7,250 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts