Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

I have a 2000 JDM Forester with EJ205 engine. I have a chance to get a VF34 turbo but i was wondering if i need more mods aside from the turbo? injectors? ecu? Are they really needed or could the turbo work with the stock stuff (i know it won´t produce the same power but more than stock for sure)

thanx!

·
11 sec club
04 Cayenne TT
1,486 Posts
I'd think you need programming of the ECU at the least. A bigger intercooler and injectors would almost be totally necessary. I'm not sure what the stock injectors can take with the VF34. Is that a 2.0 litre engine?

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
You will need injectors, bigger fuel pump and ECU programming. It's going to feel good though.. =) Good luck!

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
Not too familiar w/ your model forester but if you have a catted uppipe, I would recommend going w/ a catless one when upgrading to the VF34. Other than that, your stock exhaust (while being constrictive) and stock TMIC should work fine. You can always upgrade those later but you will need to get a retune of the ECU.

·
Sydney Dinner Organiser
MY05 XT luxury
1,694 Posts
Id suggest looking at www.gtrydaz.com as it has a lot more 2l turbo people.
As others have said - you will need some sort of ecu work, so you will need to find a tuner who has experience with the Forester.

·
Premium Member
3,144 Posts
fontaracing said:
Hello everyone.

I have a 2000 JDM Forester with EJ205 engine. I have a chance to get a VF34 turbo but i was wondering if i need more mods aside from the turbo? injectors? ecu? Are they really needed or could the turbo work with the stock stuff (i know it won´t produce the same power but more than stock for sure)

thanx!

You'll need a replacement pump and a tune (ecutek is available for your MY - or Apexi PFC).

Injectors are 440's so should be fine, decat downpipe will help. Try and swap the standard small intercooler with one from a newage WRX ( brackets will need modifying ) . Oh , and some better brakes :D

HTH
Steve

·
Recovering Modaholic
1,306 Posts
STi pink injectors can be found cheap on NASIOC, its an inexpensive safety precaution. I'm sure your IDC's will be maxed with the stock injectors (probably the same as wrx injectors)

At least this way you can get the most boost out of the turbo...a VF34 is no fun if you have to run it at 14lbs :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts