Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey off roaders. I figured this would be the place to ask. My uncle is flying out and I want to go camping this saturday night. Any suggestions? I think he plans on staying on the front range so uncompahgre is out. What's the best advice you guys have? If I HAD to use my foz to get through a forest/fire road it would be a bonus. I also have keystone on my mind because it's getting pretty hot at 6k feet. Suggestions and advice are greatly appreciated. Oh, and I don't have a emergency rescue kit or anything so crossing creeks and difficult terrain are probably out. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2003 XS MT
5,484 Posts
Hmmm..

Check out traildamage.com, they have a handy map.

Without any recovery gear, it's absolutely the best idea to stick to easy trails.

I usually have no idea where I camp, I tend to just drive til I find something. :lol:

Have a great time!!

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my dad and i did that once on a continental divide/pacific coast month long ride on my 650gs dakar and his r1200gs once. Pretty tough to beat that kinda stuff, but since I'll be meeting my uncle most likely, I think it's best to have a specific place. Thanks for the input, i'll check out that site.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts