Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have checked all switches... Both clutch & Brake, CC switch, Clock spring, Steering wheel controls, All is fine... With no luck the cruise control will not activate.
When i press on the cruise switch, the cc light turns on in cluster. When i press SET it does nothing. Is there a CC module somewhere in the car??? do DBW cars have a CC module???
2004 FXT MT

Cheers

·
Premium Member
12 Premium 5-speed
4,733 Posts
Check this thread. Maybe you're having the same problem that a fair number of 04 M/Ts had.

Edit: to sum that one up and give you something quick and easy to try, the problem was traced to failure of the 'neutral position' sensor - the one that lets the car know the shifter is in neutral. When driving at speed, lightly hold the shift lever, in 5th gear, up and to the right and activate cruise at the same time (this might require two people). If cruise decides to work for a while and eventually disengages once you let off the shift lever, then it would seem the sensor is causing your problem.

There were two typical solutions: new sensor which might fail again eventually, or a Subaru-dealer ECU reflash that seems to bypass the sensor (how mine was fixed). Note that if you're running aftermarket tuning, the Subaru reflash will likely mess it up (it did on mine).

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can anybody tell me where the neutral switch is located???? Or how to bypass it??
Thanks

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
O.K so the neutral switch was a very good idea... So i booted up my laptop used my tactrix cable and romraider to check it. my neutral switch works fine.
this problem is driving me crazy....

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where is the cruise control module???? Is there any on a drive by wire car????
Thanks

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope !
Cuz when i check it with a tactrix cable & Romraider i can see it working.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, the horn blows fine... There has to be a cruise control module that has a defect!! Can anyone tell me where it is located?????
Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts