Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, anyone know why my 2006 xt will only blow cool air until I step on the accelerator. Engine temp and coolant are OK. I set the temp[ for warm air out the vents adn it is fine until I let it idle and the temp cools down. Same on manual or auto. Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester X Premium 5MT
8,073 Posts
It depends on how much of a temp change you are getting. A few degrees is normal as when the engine is off idle(on the gas) it produces more heat. So yes a 5,10 maybe even 15 can be expected.

However if it produces very little heat at idle(say ambient air temp) there is a chance it could be an air pocket in the cooling system that the water pump is able to over come with the added RPM. Air pockets typically go hand and hand with low coolant, thus the question.

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,594 Posts
I agree from the one above. But I'm a noob when it comes to cars. So I checked the plastic tank at the side of the radiator only when I should have been checking the nice metal tank with the pressure cap on. Because I had air in the system and when my rad was leaking all the sudden and the system overheated the metal tank was empty but the plastic thingy was full. :shrug:
I too had some weird temp problems at first. it took ages for me to get warmth in the car compared to how it was before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts