Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a set of these on their forester? Their 1-1/4" tall and also cheaper then the subtle lift blocks

Velocity Off-Road Inc

·
Registered
SG9 Forester XT Stick Shift
1,667 Posts
That would not work. Maybe I am missing something. You have to drill new holes in the body. The way the bolt pattern drilled would make it off 60 degress.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
They have the same image of the spacers for every car. Their description makes them sound like spring lift blocks rather than tophat spacers, but who knows. Someone should see if they have any pictures of what they're actually trying to sell for the forester.

·
Registered
SG9 Forester XT Stick Shift
1,667 Posts
I think the front will work because its on a bearing that you could rotate but the rear will need new holes or maybe there is a reason for 1.25" tall that you could bolt straight up.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Velocity - 130 for the front 130 for the rear = 260
Subtle - front and rear = 235

might be 1/4 inch taller but not cheaper.

·
Registered
2001 Forester 5 speed
122 Posts
anyone with a lowes, drill, drill bit,two more new nuts and bolts, paint, and some time can make one for 75 bucks

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,572 Posts
Fancy look for something you never see :lol:
Anyway for my kind of setup I would be getting Subtle's spacers anyway. I would want to stay in range of the 2" max lift I be getting from combing with the raised kings I have.
But because of some stupid laws over here I'm not going to put spacers in.

2007 XT Sports Manual
6,407 Posts
Fancy look for something you never see :lol:
Anyway for my kind of setup I would be getting Subtle's spacers anyway. I would want to stay in range of the 2" max lift I be getting from combing with the raised kings I have.
But because of some stupid laws over here I'm not going to put spacers in.
I think kings and a 1" lift spacer is the way to go. We are working on a 2" strut spacer right now though.

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,572 Posts
I think kings and a 1" lift spacer is the way to go. We are working on a 2" strut spacer right now though.
Ye. Kings plus spacers is best if you like a bit stiffer setup then the oem that is. If not it's spacers all the way.

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT Luxury
16 Posts
Hello to all! I've only just joined up but am VERY keen to know the progress of the 2" spacers. The spacers and a set of 225/60/17 Yokohama AT/S is first on list for the XT! I have tried many avenues for Aussie built spacers but the manufacturers have either stopped production or won't answer emails/phones.

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT Luxury
16 Posts
I just got a quote back fromm Velocity Offroad of $159.99 US each! Not the $130 each as mentioned above so something has changed there a little. So you'll be looking at $320 US for front and rear. Apparently they are out of stock but had a small redesign to make installation easier and the new design will be in stock mid next week.

2007 XT Sports Manual
6,407 Posts
Hello to all! I've only just joined up but am VERY keen to know the progress of the 2" spacers. The spacers and a set of 225/60/17 Yokohama AT/S is first on list for the XT! I have tried many avenues for Aussie built spacers but the manufacturers have either stopped production or won't answer emails/phones.
Did you ever check out our 1" lift? I don't recall getting an email from you.

We are in the works on a 2" lift kit too!

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT Luxury
16 Posts
Yes, I checked out your website and got prices from there, so you're not ruled out of the equation. Roughly how long until the 2" kit will be available? It would suit me much better than the 1".

2007 XT Sports Manual
6,407 Posts
Yes, I checked out your website and got prices from there, so you're not ruled out of the equation. Roughly how long until the 2" kit will be available? It would suit me much better than the 1".
Couple of weeks and then a few days to powder coat. My metal guy is swamped w/ jobs right now for the Aerospace industry. I'll do my best to squeeze this into their busy schedule.

·
Registered
MY08 Forester 2.5XT
101 Posts
Is it possible to fit 2" lift on the SH without any strut mod? By design, I heard the highest it can go is 1.4", after which modification is definitely needed.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts