Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CVT
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey this is new to me but hey I am willing to try it! I bought a snow cannon and have a pressure washer. I have watched a few utube videos on how-to. Now it is a matter of try it and see how it works out. Somethings to figure out is how much pressure to use and Soap/water ratio to add to gun? The rinse off to stop water spots per videos is use a spray bottle with a PDMS solution. Will have to search web for it. Use Microfiber towels (with 20% to 30% polyamide) need to get. Have I forgot something or have I got some wrong perceptions?:monkey_dance::monkey_dance:

·
HCFFHC
2017 Forester 2.0XT
246 Posts
I use my foam cannon. Let it soak for about 5 minutes. Power rinse it. Then I wash it by hand and dry it with a large microfiber drying towel. I go back around and look for any spots that may have spotted and use a finishing detailer to do touchup. Now I am going to be trying a new method because of the F11. Use foam cannon, let it sit as usual. Rinse and the use my wash mitt with plain water to get the soap residue off. According to F11, once I get the soap residue off the F11 should be as it was when I first applied it. So I will know in the next week if its all smoke and mirrors or if it actually works.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use my foam cannon. Let it soak for about 5 minutes. Power rinse it. Then I wash it by hand and dry it with a large microfiber drying towel. I go back around and look for any spots that may have spotted and use a finishing detailer to do touchup. Now I am going to be trying a new method because of the F11. Use foam cannon, let it sit as usual. Rinse and the use my wash mitt with plain water to get the soap residue off. According to F11, once I get the soap residue off the F11 should be as it was when I first applied it. So I will know in the next week if its all smoke and mirrors or if it actually works.
I’m going with a 2nd tier type ceramic solution. Give the Fozzi 2 washes a snow wash then a really detailed wash. Then will apply Ethos ceramic wax which lasts a year from what I’ve been told.

·
Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
2,912 Posts
Jesus, that's waaaaaaaay to elaborate for me. I wash the car a few times to get underneath the body (snow/ice etc) and that's it for the year. I used to go crazy, but then I stopped caring at some point, and the kids came, and I don't have the time, even if I cared.

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT
1,355 Posts
I’m going with a 2nd tier type ceramic solution. Give the Fozzi 2 washes a snow wash then a really detailed wash. Then will apply Ethos ceramic wax which lasts a year from what I’ve been told.
CarPro Cquartz and reload are awesome. My coating has lasted a good 8 months...still beading like mad

·
Registered
2013/14 2.5i-L CVT
783 Posts
Jesus, that's waaaaaaaay to elaborate for me. I wash the car a few times to get underneath the body (snow/ice etc)
Me too. I wash my car about every 2nd week with truck detergent applied with a snow gun and rinsing off after a few minutes with a pressure sprayer delivering rain water so there are no spots or streaking after air drying. I don't hand wash, rub dry, or wax/polish/coat. If it's too cold/windy in winter I'll run it through a no touch commercial car wash.

Been doing it that way for decades and the paint has always remained as good as new, even on the Mitsubishi my wife insisted on keeping for 20 years. Imho, life is too short to get anal about cleaning cars.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My Fozzi is a month old and I chalk it off to the honeymoon period. With every new vehicle I own after a year or two the magic wears off and I am then no different from everyone here! 🥳

·
Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
2,912 Posts
Me too. I wash my car about every 2nd week with truck detergent applied with a snow gun and rinsing off after a few minutes with a pressure sprayer delivering rain water so there are no spots or streaking after air drying. I don't hand wash, rub dry, or wax/polish/coat. If it's too cold/windy in winter I'll run it through a no touch commercial car wash.

Been doing it that way for decades and the paint has always remained as good as new, even on the Mitsubishi my wife insisted on keeping for 20 years. Imho, life is too short to get anal about cleaning cars.
Yea, pretty much. Up here, you have to clear the ice and snow melt off of the vehicle, but the rest of the year? It's fine. I do vacuum inside twice a month. Two young kids will do that.

·
SeasonedStalker
2017 XT Touring in CBS HT CVT
281 Posts
What has your experience with the F-11 been so far. fighter jet worthy?

·
HCFFHC
2017 Forester 2.0XT
246 Posts
What has your experience with the F-11 been so far. fighter jet worthy?

Not sure yet. Last time I washed was last week. The sheeting action on the sides were still goo and beading on the hood was still good. But I wanna do another wash before I make a honest opinion. The paint is not slick like it was when I first did it. But that could be contaminates on the paint. We will see

·
Super Moderator
2018 X3 M40i / 2014 VW Passat TDI SEL
1,618 Posts
F11 is a hoax. It's legit junk...can't even compete with the off the shelf autozone stuff.

6 month update video below with F11 being called out as having failed almost immediately:

F11 Failure timeline from the next month's video (<1 week)

As for the process, using a foam cannon as a presoak is a waste of product and lubrication. You want to utilize the foam cannon as your soap application for washing. I first rinse down the car and get my rinse bucket ready with grit guard, then foam cannon to put a nice layer on, then use a MF mitt to wipe down the car from the top down, rinsing the mitt after every panel and agitating in straight lines. I usually have a little in the cannon after the first application so i use that a final spray before rinsing to ensure there is no residue leaving spots behind.

I have a 2800 PSI gas and 1800 PSI electric washer and have found they both work well with the same ratio, though the gas will create much thicker foam. I add about 3-4 oz of soap in the cannon, then fill to the top with water and shake. I open the nozzle on the cannon full bore.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts