Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
-=- -=- -=-
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(14+) Vehicle Dynamics Control Module malfunction

I have been told that my Vehicle Dynamics Control Module has malfunctioned, resulting in a permanent check engine light and flashing cruise control, sport mode, and solid hill assist.

I am being told that I need to pay 1900USD parts and labor to fix this and the car should not be driven until this is fixed. (Southern States Subaru, Raleigh, NC)

This is a bit tough to swallow. I purchased a Subaru because I believed it to be a reliable vehicle, how does an electric part spontaneously malfunction that causes the vehicle to be dead in the water? A part that base part cost I am told is 1400USD.

What are my options here? I don't see much information about this on forums.

·
Registered
249 Posts
imo, you are being hosed, the vdc module is sold separately from the abs pump, the entire system is what you are being priced, go to an independent shop/ did you buy an extended warranty? is this covered by that? dealers often try to sell these for the 2013 and 2014 model years, and since you can disable or turn off the vdc in part or whole, it can be driven, ho to another shop,

·
Registered
-=- -=- -=-
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They say that they cleared it and it comes right back. They're saying that the module is fried and the module costs 1400 alone. I will find a second opinion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts