Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,067 Posts
@adamsneyer you already have a thread on this same subject. Creating multiple threads on the same subject is not allowed on this forum. Your threads have been merged.

Please peruse this: Forum Rules - Please read! Specifically this under the "General Posting Guidelines":
4. Do not crosspost, i.e. post the same thread in more than one forum. Choose the most appropriate forum for your topic and post it only once. Duplicate threads or posts will be merged or deleted.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
281 Posts
Haha. I like how you didnt get a response, so you just repeated yourself.

go on sand or snow. n/a without much power, itll be hard to get it going if theres too much traction

vdc cant control it if its too slippery.

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,723 Posts
You don't have VDC on an 06 X;
Active AWD

Find some snow or gravel and keep it in 1st. Expect parts to break well before it gets all mAd tyTte driFt y0.
Keep an eye out for any crubs and fents.

·
Registered
2006 Forester 2.5XS
42 Posts
USDM 06 doesn't have VDC... if you put the auto trans in first or second gear and gas it, you will lose traction, but probably only on dirt/gravel/mud/whatever.

This is not a good idea and will end up breaking the car you love if you do it excessively. Sure it's fun to do a donut or 180-turn every once in a while, but just wait until winter or get a car which can handle the beating.

Also worth checking underneath your car to see if your gear selector linkage is all rusted up before you start using 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. People don't typically use these gears so the lever gets rusty and might snap, leaving you without a good way to change gears on your trans. I attached a picture of my shifter linkage when it broke. This was not an easy part to find so good luck and be safe!

source: young, dumb, 06 2.5X premium owner

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts