Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2002 MY03 XS
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this might be a bit short notice, or asking a bit much, but you don't know if you don't ask.

My family and I are flying in to Vancouver on Monday, January 25, due in at 19:30. We have four kids, and my wife's quite particular about children travelling in child seats, mainly due to the fact that she's a nurse on kids ward, so has seen the damage an incorrectly restrained child can receive.
As we understand, the cabs there don't need to have child seats.

I was wondering if there was a couple of locals with child seats that may be able to assist, for a fee of course, with getting us from the airport to our accommodation, in Beach Ave, Vancouver?

Send me a PM here if you're willing and able to assist, or have some other ideas that might help.

Thanks for reading this.

·
Registered
2007 Forester 2.5x SE
879 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester
2 Posts
I agree that the new rapid transit train will get you ALMOST there

try this link and look for Canada line from YVR (= Vancouver airport)

oh dear, I cannot post URLs

search for translink with a ca extension

ef
Vancouver

·
Registered
2002 MY03 XS
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, I didn't make that real clear, did I.

Yes, there's six of us, and all our luggage. Our four kids are 6, 4, 3 and 1.

We'd heard about the new transit line between the airport and downtown Vancouver, and have considered that as an option, but we'd still be left with the trip out to our accommodation. Considering the time we're arriving and the length of our trip to that point, having left Sydney 26 hours earlier, I think we'd be best off with the most direct option, but beggars can't be choosers.

·
Registered
2002 MY03 XS
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They can make it happen on that day. The owner said to have you call them directly.

pm'ing you their toll free number
Thanks very much for that!

I'll ring when I get a chance, hopefully tomorrow. Do I need to ask for the owner?

·
Registered
2007 Forester 2.5x SE
879 Posts
We'd heard about the new transit line between the airport and downtown Vancouver, and have considered that as an option, but we'd still be left with the trip out to our accommodation.
If you look at the link in my first post, it shows the Bus that takes you to Beach Ave. It's about a 5 minute bus ride (depending on your exact destination). Although it still wouldn't be your best bet I think.

Are you going to a Hotel on Beach Ave? There may be a shuttle bus.

·
Registered
2002 MY03 XS
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you look at the link in my first post, it shows the Bus that takes you to Beach Ave. It's about a 5 minute bus ride (depending on your exact destination). Although it still wouldn't be your best bet I think.

Are you going to a Hotel on Beach Ave? There may be a shuttle bus.
It's apartments. They may be able to assist. I'll check.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2002 MY03 XS
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We got an Aerocar stretch limo last night. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts