Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, we're planning a vacation (next August, so there's lots of time) to our old stomping grounds in New Mexico and Colorado and what I'd like to do is stick our FXT into a Star-Trek transporter so it would be there when our plane lands. (No, we're not going to drive it. 2200 miles one way is too far for a mere vacation--takes too much time.)

Hertz Denver, as it happens, rents Outbacks "or equivalent", but nobody seems to have Foresters. Hmmph! Guess I'm going to have to lower my standards and go with some kind of econo-box.

[end rant]

HPH

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,088 Posts
I know the feeling. We rented a Hyundai Tucson for a trip from Seattle through to the southeastern part of BC at Christmas. It did fine for us. Took us from sea level up over two 4-5000 foot passes in fog and in snow. But it wasn't a Forester. It wasn't even a Subie.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
DrCloud Hmmmph!s

Hmmph! Guess I'm going to have to lower my standards and go with some kind of econo-box.
That's cool. Spend the money saved on vacation fun.

Then, when you get home, you will really appreciate the Suby.

pepperblues

S

·
0 Posts
For what it is worth, my experience with Hertz - Denver,
I did get a Forester in Denver from Hertz, just this past November. On their website, I had clicked on the Subaru Outback - when I picked the car up, it was a normally asp. Forester with Auto.
I have had the same thing happen in Phoenix, as well on two occasions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts