Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2017 XT Auto
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2017 Subaru Forester XT Touring with Eyesight
*Will be available April/May time-frame.. if you're looking for the right opportunity to own a clean car and not in a rush, this is for you!
30,000 miles - rising daily
Gainesville, VA (NOVA)
$26,000.

This is the fully loaded Touring version with 3-way adjustable leather seats, eyesight, dynamic cruise control, blind spot monitoring, lane departure warning, SRH headlights, collision avoidance, X-Mode, SI drive, heated seats, heated mirrors, auto dimming mirror. (does not have remote start).

Zero problems, zero rust, perfect condition. Non-smoker. No accidents. 100% Stock. Has hauled the dog, always with hammock seat cover.

Notes:
  • Purchased March 2019 @15k miles (2nd owner). All new miles have mostly been highway or 30m/day commute.
  • DGM color, with saddle brown interior.
  • OEM all weather floor mats and cargo liner.
  • Interior and Exterior detail every other month by me.
  • All maintenance done at Mach V since purchased. Will be completing 30k mile there in March (oil and filter, brake fluid flush, and diff fluid). K&N reusable cabin and air filters have been ordered and will be installed this month. All records available.
  • Bought extended warranty from dealer.. should be transferable but will need to review paperwork.
  • Had front windshield replaced within first several weeks due to rock chip cracking. Tech scratched the dashboard.. had it professionally repaired on their dime (not noticeable unless standing up over the dashboard).
As mentioned above, will be looking to sell in April/May time frame. Looking to get into something a little bigger and easier on the pocket with a kid coming in July. My loss is your gain.. only owned a year :(. Will definitely miss it, but I'm finally making an adult decision in my life when it comes to cars :lol:

Will do a full polish, wax and seal come mid March, along with an interior detail. Additional photos will be made available at that time. (3rd photo below is wide angle lens, so looks a little weird on the front end lol)

·
Registered
2017 XT Auto
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump! No interested parties? Getting some service done on Friday at the dealer.. will see what they'd buy it for. Probably a roll of pennies and a tasty cake..

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
10 Posts
Go to the Subaru site and look up their guaranteed trade program. I know that Stohlman Subaru out in Sterling matches, not sure if Browns does or not

·
Registered
2017 XT Auto
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's be for trade in.. Not sure if they'd outright buy it. The site spit out 21000. LOL!

edit: and to add, that price wouldn't be terrible if it wasn't a touring with eyesight package with only 30k miles. I.e. everything this forester is categorized with.

·
Registered
2017 XT Auto
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Recall work done! Some torque adjustment on some bolts and the passenger airbag wiring harness replaced. Up to date! Stolhman only appraised it at 20k, I didn't even mention the trade in match at 21k as the salesman was a dope (made a comment that he didn't even know the Foresters had an XT). Seeing some similar models and mileages online for 21-24 without eyesight so I'm still set on the 26k starting point. May adjust it over the next 2-3 months with more miles being added daily.

·
Registered
2017 XT Auto
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Traded in for a '17 Highlander SE AWD. Got the best deal I think I could have at this time. Took a hit.. FXTs aren't quite holding their value like I thought they would. shrug

·
Super Moderator
2018 FXT-T CVT / 2014 VW Passat TDI SEL
1,553 Posts
May I ask where all you listed it? The XT market is always going to be a weird one. There are folks where REALLY want these cars but they are very few...so finding the buyers may be a struggle.

I should also mention you stipulated in your original post that it wouldn't be available until April/May yet just traded in....if you shared that detail everywhere you listed folks could have simply moved on. Finding someone willing to wait if they are currently shopping takes an extra special sort of buyer.

·
Registered
2017 XT Auto
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here, Nasioc, and LegacyGT forums. Also to work contacts and friends/family. Wasn't planning on pulling the trigger so soon.. Just closed on my house last week and planned on moving in and getting settled this month before really looking to offload. During my research and visiting dealers, I started to get a good idea of what I'd get for it now, and later. Also was going to need several hundred dollars for the 30k maintenence. I took that into consideration on the trade in price and it felt good to make the move.

My wife and I definitely miss the FXT though. We've known Subarus for the last 10 years, so it's a bit of an adjustment but ultimately for the right reasons. If the Ascents weren't a newly released model the past 2 years (i.e. priced still high), then we probably would have went that route for something with a little bit of miles on it. I also know the Toyota will hold its value above any other vehicle over the years we will own it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts