Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Aspiring Post Ho
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking in a superstreet magazine that had some auto show coverage in it. In any case I noticed that power enterprises is making a V-mount set up for the WRX. I checked out their site, www.powerenterpriseusa.net but did not find it on there. Supposedly it comes with all piping and hardware and does not require the normal hacking that a fmic does. I am curious how difficult it would be to mount something like this on our car. Bascially the top portion would be the tmic and the lower at a slant would be the radiator. Wondering how you would connect your radiator fans or if you still run them or what? Unfortunately I can not seem to find any information on this. Anyone else seen this? Page 106 of the March 06 issue.

·
Registered
1998 Forester "S" lifted. Bog-o-matic
2,006 Posts
I believe king-ricer is correct, it was super street and it was PE. :p

·
Aspiring Post Ho
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much! Man, I am diggin this kit. With the angle of the radiator in the pictures it lookslike you could do a little bit of trimming to our bumper skin and it would actually work! I am guessing that it comes with a new radiator hose as well though I did not notice that in the description. I will take a second look on that though. I am trying to figure out if they were saying $3999 for a total of 6 kits or 3999 if 6 kits were purchased. I am guessing the later as they are advertising ARC products which are Ching, Ching HELLO$$$$

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Tacoma DCSB Auto
1,928 Posts
id b worried about how much air is actually hitting the radiator at speed and what about the fan discharge? its like the tilt kits on TMIC it just alters the angle of the IC into the air but then again what do i know .........

·
Aspiring Post Ho
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Usually on a kit such as this you have a deflector plate if you will that forces the air though the radiator. The deflector would be under the ic running parallel to the ground and connecting to the top of the radiator. the air would not be able to blow by but rather be forced through the radiator. I can not of course see how the fans would be blowing air onto the engine as it would be angled downward. So I agree with you on that one.

On the WRC car, they have an addition hole cut in the hood that allows the air that passes through the ic to escape back out of the car. It is pretty cool really as the duct is completely done in carbon fiber. $$$

Attachments

·
Aspiring Post Ho
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I might add that the bracketry just over the ic is also all Carbon Fiber as well as the intake filter box pictured. The turbo is somewhat a rotated mount and there is an elbow that comes off the inlet that connects to the bottom of the filter box (also carbon fiber)

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Tacoma DCSB Auto
1,928 Posts
hmm sounds like some neet ideas kinda like this guys radiator theory www.kimini.com some good stuff here

·
Aspiring Post Ho
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, that little car is awesome! 10 years to make though! i do not think I have that sort of time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts