Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring CVT
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious how many people frequently use CRC GDI IVD cleaner for tune-ups, before an oil change, to fix an issue, or just to try it out.

Just want to know peoples thoughts and opinions.

Also write down how affect you thought it was.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT
109 Posts
From what I've read, it's supposed to be one of the more effective carbon deposit cleaners. I have a can ready to use when I get closer to my next oil change. There's videos on YouTube of people using it to some good effect.

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring CVT
11 Posts
I used it right before my last oil change. Seems to have smoothed out the idle and taken away (some) hesitation.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT
187 Posts
I bought a can a while ago and I plan to use it just before the next oil change.

For those who have used it on their SJ Forester, where do you spray the cleaner?

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT
187 Posts
Just a word of caution, the MAP sensor is very fragile and I just damaged mine today. I took it out today to clean it and when I was inserting back into the manifold at a slight angle. BIG MISTAKE: the bottom housing cracked as it was tilted and 1 side pressed against the manifold.

In short, when you remove or insert the MAP sensor, push in or pull it out VERTICALLY.

The MAP sensor is rather expensive to replace so beware. Cost me about $200 to get a new piece and it wasn’t easy finding one.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring CVT
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just a word of caution, the MAP sensor is very fragile and I just damaged mine today. I took it out today to clean it and when I was inserting back into the manifold at a slight angle. BIG MISTAKE: the bottom housing cracked as it was tilted and 1 side pressed against the manifold.

In short, when you remove or insert the MAP sensor, push in or pull it out VERTICALLY.

The MAP sensor is rather expensive to replace so beware. Cost me about $200 to get a new piece and it wasn’t easy finding one.
I'm sorry to hear dude

·
Premium Member
2018 X3 M40i / 2016 X3 xDrive35i
1,632 Posts
I've used it 4 or 5 times now...good results every time. I do the recommended intervals of every other oil change.

Using the MAP location I take metal ducting tape to create a rigid surface over the hole, put a tiny pinhole in it for the CRC straw to go through and then do my business with the help of a friend on the throttle in the car. Takes about 20-30 minutes to go through the whole can...there's more in there than you might think.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts