Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Limited
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my new Forester was in to have a couple of accessories installed last week, I asked the mechanic where I can safely position my garage jack to lift the car. The lift points that are specified for the jack that comes with it are too small to use for the 4" pad on my big hydraulic racing jack. I don't want to crack any of the plastic body on the Forester. The mechanic looked under the car and couldn't find any lift points that he would recommend. I'm thinking about making an adapter that looks just like the top of the Subaru jack and having it welded to a 4" diameter plate that will fit on top of the pad on my floor jack. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
98 GM67 + 03 SG
357 Posts
The rear differential is perfect for lifting the back end up to place jack stands under the side jack points. And in the front, the metal plate that runs just underneath the steering rack (behind the plastic tray) is a perfect spot to lift the front end. I've been doing this on my RS and Foz for years with zero issues.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,017 Posts
There is a "jacking plate" on the front subframe, and the rear diff is perfect as mentioned.

As for more local spots to jack from, my rule of thumb is to either jack from a nice solid suspension mounting point (generally subframe to body), or where the frame/unibody has a nicely boxed and solid corner (depends on the car)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts