Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 XT Sport Automatic
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to buy a full set 02-03 WRX Sedan Struts with 95k on them for $100.

Cons to buying struts with so many miles? How long will they last? Also I'm throwing on much newer springs (20k miles) will that matter?

My other option is to save up for the $400 for new KYB Gr-2's

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2008 Forester Sport X 5MT
15 Posts
Its hard to tell when struts will finally give but with almost 100k miles you have to figure its coming. If you put lowering springs on the struts it will only speed up the death of the struts because of the new amount of constant compression.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2007 XT Sport Automatic
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that's about what I figured. Too bad they're so cheap :p Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
'08 SGM FSX Auto
398 Posts
It's actually not that cheap. That's what I got my 04 STI struts for with 75k miles on them and they were already blown. Take my advice and buy new struts. Get used springs but buy new struts.

·
Registered
2000 Ford Focus Wagon 5 speed manual
463 Posts
Buying and installing struts with 95k miles on them is about as smart as skydiving without a parachute. The only difference is that you'll still be alive with the struts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.