Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Legacy
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm the new guy, a veteran Loyale and Legacy owner. Shopping for a used Forester and I see some 100K plus Turbo models out there, seven to 10 thousand bucks. I have no experience with turbo anything. What bad things do I look for in a turbo model with that many miles, or should I avoid them altogether?

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,510 Posts
Welcome from TN! This thread might help you out a little.

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f151/does-look-like-good-deal-04-fxt-w-100k-69973/

Basically the big deal is the 105k service. Has it been done, or no? If not, figure that in to your price. Obviously general maintenance records should be considered when buying any used vehicle, but that is the big thing on Subarus.

Other than that, it's just all the usual stuff. The EJ257 and EJ255 (turbo engine) equipped Fozzies are probably the most bulletproof out there.

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,143 Posts
Welcome from NW Portland (Bethany/Rock Creek area) and fellow Loyale owner ('91 red wagon, 4wd, 182k mi). :Banane35:

Like MudRunner said, the 105k service is the biggie. If you're buying it from the original owner, ask what kind of oil they used (synthetic), how often it was changed (~4k), what kind of gas was used (premium), etc. If you're in Portland, there are a number of great independent garages that could do an inspection. There are also several members on here who could tag along to give some advice during a 'showing'.

Good luck, hope everything works out! :icon_biggrin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts