Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester Automatic
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new to this forum and to the forester. Read a number of threads regarding the forester XT but few specifically addressing the 2010 model, which I understand has only the 4 speed auto (that some people have issue with). Looking to buy a used carmax 2010 model with 37k miles for 22k. Was first of all wondering if this was a decent price and if I should be worried about the previous owner's care of the vehicle (regular oil changes and premium gas use).

I have been looking at several crossover utility vehicles, specifically the CR-V and the 6 cyl Rav 4. Have not test driven any of the cars in question yet but hope to do so later today. All I have been reading is that the above SUVs are very reliable and safe, yet do not offer a remarkable or fun driving experience. I don't necessarily need the SUV for offroading but I need a solid, reliable machine for city and highway driving. While reliability is important to me I also want something that's going to be enjoyable to drive.

My couple questions:
1) I have never owned a turbocharged engine before. What do I need to know as to service/operation that is different from a non turbo?

2) What are your experiences with the mileage that you have gotten out of your 2010 subaru xts? I want to know that I can buy this car and, if taken care of properly, will have minimal necessary maintenance on integral mechanical systems.

3) What is your impression of the 2010 XT model? Does the 4 speed automatic negatively impact the performance to a noticeable degree?

4) For those of you who have driven the CR-V or RAV 4, how does the Subaru compare?

Thanks for your help all, sorry again for some of these questions appearing in other threads, just wanted to collect it all in one here.

·
Registered
2010 Forester Automatic
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As to 1) I already know regular synthetic oil changes every 3700-5000 miles depending on driving style and premium gas

1 - 2 of 2 Posts