Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
08 Forester XT
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across a USDM genome from a friend...i put it on and it a little short from the bumper.. i kno bigger exhaust hangers, but where do i find them?...any suggestions on what to do?

·
Registered
2009 Forester X 5MT
4,320 Posts
Kartboy. Except the longer hangers won't make the exhaust full further back. Just hang lower. If the exhaust is short from the bumper now, it'll be short from the bumper later with the hangers.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 4eat
4,583 Posts
just get a stack of about 10 washers and put 5 on each side on the bolts that connect the muffler to the mid pipe.

j/k

·
Registered
08 Forester XT
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
which kartboy hangers whould hang it just right?...the extra long ones?..sorry for all the questions, im a nood to this stuff lol..thanks alot tho guys

·
Registered
04 FXT, 61 Stude
1,735 Posts
Yep, the kb xl ones are nice, that or go with NAPA XL hangers. That's what I'm running on my Foz.

·
luvin' it
2008 Forester Sports XT 5-speed manual
815 Posts
I fitted a JDM STi downpipe and JDM Fujitsubo RM01A from my old WRX wagon on my FSXT, and the KB XL hangers weren't long enough - the exhaust tip was fully meeting the painted bumper. Instead, I had to use the extra long hangers from Autozone (thanks for the part number, 35719, everyone!).

Now I have a sweet sounding performance exhaust with at least 1/2" of clearance from my bumper without any worries of melting it. :woohoo:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts