Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
99 Forester Manual
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm not sure where to post this, still new to the forum, so you're more than welcome and would be much appreciate if someone moved it to the right area! Thank you! Anyways, so I have a USDM 99 Forester SF6 and I'm doing an EJ207 swap on it. Now my question is, If I put the correct gear ratio in my stock diff, would I be able to use my diff with that gear or would I have to get a whole new diff with the gear ratio already there? If anyone could answer that would be much appreciated and it would help with my build, thank you very much! :D

·
Registered
2000 Forester 6MT STI
593 Posts
So I'm not sure where to post this, still new to the forum, so you're more than welcome and would be much appreciate if someone moved it to the right area! Thank you! Anyways, so I have a USDM 99 Forester SF6 and I'm doing an EJ207 swap on it. Now my question is, If I put the correct gear ratio in my stock diff, would I be able to use my diff with that gear or would I have to get a whole new diff with the gear ratio already there? If anyone could answer that would be much appreciated and it would help with my build, thank you very much! :D
It's been 2 months and no ones taken a stab at answering this?
Okay, so are you trying to swap an EJ207 and 6 speed in while keeping the factory R160 rear diff? If so, you'd have to find an R160 ring and pinion, or an entire diff with the ratios that match the JDM 6 speed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts