Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, has anyone done this??? Since we need either the downpipe modified or the catback modified, I was wondering if an USDM spec downpipe [longer than jdm] plus an jdm spec catback [longer than usdm] solves this problem of having it lengthen, so I won't be burning my bumper...anyone can chime it? Thanks!:confused:

·
Premium Member
2012 GTI DSG 6-speed
1,463 Posts
OlivegreenSG5 said:
Hey there, has anyone done this??? Since we need either the downpipe modified or the catback modified, I was wondering if an USDM spec downpipe [longer than jdm] plus an jdm spec catback [longer than usdm] solves this problem of having it lengthen, so I won't be burning my bumper...anyone can chime it? Thanks!:confused:
Sounds like you have a turbo so take a look around the Engine (Turbo) sections. This is a common modification for the Forester. You might already find your answer there.

The aftermarket downpipes are the same as the Impreza and STi. The catbacks will also work but are short and require longer hangers. Find a Forester specific catback for best fit.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, 1 quick question, to all the peeps who had their catback modified in order to stick out, how much was it lengthen? Thanks!

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Either the US downpipe or JDM catback will need to be shortened. Or you can buy a JDM downpipe, but they are normally quite expensive and have a cat in the downpipe.

An extra 80mm needs to be added to the axleback.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts