Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester XS Auto
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Timing belt on my girlfriend's 2005 Forester XS snapped on the freeway last weekend. With the party of the country were in Subarus are expensive so we're going to swap the engine rather then scrap the car.

I am not a mechanic, but her dad was a fleet mechanic for an oil company so he has much better understanding then me.

What I'm wanting to know is exactly what needs to be swapped over from the old USDM motor to the JDM one and what else should I replace before installing (ie shopping list before we go to do this weekend after next).

I've searched allot and most threads mix in the ej20, but I specifically bought an ej25 to simplify things (at about a 500 dollar premium).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
17,343 Posts
G'day & Welcome aboard @bastage

For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP.

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XS Auto
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So... There isn't a list anywhere of what the differences actually are?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts