Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Towards the end of last year I picked up a VF30 and an STI intercooler to throw on the Foz. I ended up losing my job shortly after, so they've been sitting for a little while. I recently started working again, so it's time to get this stuff on the car! I'm just curious what all I'm going to need to get this going?

I know I need a tune, and found a guy over on Nasioc that will be doing it once I get all of my parts together. And that's probably my biggest question; what all do I need to put together prior to putting this on? I've got 3" WBR turboback and the Cobb AP tuner currently. Should I need to upgrade the fuel pump? I just want to make sure I get everything right the first time when getting this going, and any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2004 Subaru FXT MT
1,841 Posts
Towards the end of last year I picked up a VF30 and an STI intercooler to throw on the Foz. I ended up losing my job shortly after, so they've been sitting for a little while. I recently started working again, so it's time to get this stuff on the car! I'm just curious what all I'm going to need to get this going?

I know I need a tune, and found a guy over on Nasioc that will be doing it once I get all of my parts together. And that's probably my biggest question; what all do I need to put together prior to putting this on? I've got 3" WBR turboback and the Cobb AP tuner currently. Should I need to upgrade the fuel pump? I just want to make sure I get everything right the first time when getting this going, and any input would be greatly appreciated.
These are easy questions for you tuner:)

I suggest you upgrade your fuel pump. Injectors on pump are probably fine. What about the downpipe?

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a buschur racing downpipe on there right now. I guess my biggest question is, do I really need any other supporting mods? I've read that fuel pump is probably preference and wouldn't hurt, but are there any other parts I would need?

I have the gaskets, and need to pick up an STI Y pipe to use since the I/C didn't come with one. There's also the issue of the splitter, which I should research a bit later. I don't think the STI I/C is going to fit with the stock one.

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,786 Posts
I ran an '06 STi TMIC with a VF43 and stock splitter for a year and a half on my '07, it fits fine.

What year car? '04/'05 will need an STi BPV and possibly the hose to it.

Stan

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's an 06. I just remembered that I need a BPV for it too. I was really liking the Tial's, but those are a little pricey for what it is. Any recommendations on a good BPV?

·
Registered
2003 Cross Sports
821 Posts
Yes to fuel pump. I also think you should upgrade your injectors to STi pinks at least as the duty cycle on the stock ones can run well over 90%.

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,786 Posts
Not 100% sure, but your '06 BPV may be identical to my '07 and will work just fine once you buy the STi gasket.

Stan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts