Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Further to this post http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f75/heated-wing-mirrors-replacing-glass-58300/

it is now MOT time (in a month or so) and rather than just replace the glass that's broken I thoguht about upgrading the wing mirrors on the SF5 to any of the 3 (?) SG designs. I've had a good look at the doors and pillars on the SG when I was in Oz and they are the same as far as I can tell - frameless windows and the same shaped mirror 'bracket' section. I would be particularly keen to replace them with the big, square 05/06(?) type with integral side repeater.

I always thought the wing mirrors on the SF5 Foz were a little feeble and not what I expected at all (and no folding!!!!)

Has anyone done this mod above and / or can anyone put forward opinions before I attack it! I have had a good nose through the SFOF and found nowt, but yet to get over to the other scooby sites....

Cheers me dears!

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,490 Posts
Thought about trying this ages ago, but they might look like elephant ears. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know mate. I miss the big mirrors on the HR-V (about the ONLY thing I do miss!)

Oh, that and the leather! And the FOLDING MIRRORS :)))))

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never bothered in the end as I smacked one in a car park and just bought a replacement as I decided about that time that X124 was gonna be a stocker :)

Would like to see how it turns out on other member's cars though, SF, SG or otherwise!

mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts