2007 STI
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody done it?

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,054 Posts
I know people have done it but to me unless you do it properly it's not the right way. That would mean getting not only the bulb but the whole lens assembly. Some info here:

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2890

Retorfit kits that have just the bulb are not legal, the only real legal ones are the type you install under as a kit like fog or driving lights.

S

·
0 Posts
I have and

I LOVE THEM...LOL I will try to get some piucs for you guys..

Josh

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
274 Posts
Who makes those lights and whats the p/n?! They look AWESOME! Do they really glow blueish like in the picture or is it more of a super-white?

·
Ze flying Russian
2007 STI
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
beautiful. I need more info on them please.

S

·
0 Posts
Yeah here is the info

I went to:

www.Xenonpros.com

And go to the McColluch 6000K kits
You will need the H4 kit either single bulb application or you can get the BiXenon kit which has Low and High Beam which I have on my car or you can also get an dual Beam Kit with Low Beam HID and High Beam Halogen Kit. They have an overnight shipping option if you want them fast.

Also if you want the Fog Light HIDs you will need to get the H3 Kit single bulb application. Which I have on my car as well.

Eurgiez
Yes they really glow blue it will actually be bluer than in the pics it lost al little on my camera. It is exactly teh same as BMW headlights same color.

Josh

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,439 Posts
Those are freaking sweet!! :)

That would be great to have, but too much $$ for my budget. I still need to upgrade from the "Stock" hallogens :shock:

·
Registered
FXT and Wifes Leggy
481 Posts
Re: Yeah here is the info

Spaceman said:
I went to:

www.Xenonpros.com

And go to the McColluch 6000K kits
You will need the H4 kit either single bulb application or you can get the BiXenon kit which has Low and High Beam which I have on my car or you can also get an dual Beam Kit with Low Beam HID and High Beam Halogen Kit. They have an overnight shipping option if you want them fast.

Also if you want the Fog Light HIDs you will need to get the H3 Kit single bulb application. Which I have on my car as well.

Eurgiez
Yes they really glow blue it will actually be bluer than in the pics it lost al little on my camera. It is exactly teh same as BMW headlights same color.

Josh
Is this kit plug and play? Or is there splicing involved?

·
Registered
2006 XT
671 Posts
I had a cdn dealer price out the parts (ballast, lamps, wiring) for an 06' USDM upgrade and it was $1300d US.

·
Registered
2006 XT
671 Posts
Someday I'll compare an 05' to an 06'. My 06' right off the showroom floor had pretty decent headlights. Now with OSRAM H1/9004 it went from real good to great. A flat cutoff and very white. Just fine for city driving. If I were off-roading or rural driving I would augment from there.

·
Registered
1998 Forester S Automatic
73 Posts
I will never own a car without HID's ever again. I put a pair of 6000K in my 98'. I don't even need my brights anymore. It is a really simple process of installing them. I'd recomend to anyone who is thinking about it. Do away with the old crappy head lights.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts