Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After doing some reading on the board it seems like the best mild mods are using an aftermarket up-pipe, down-pipe, and cat back exhaust as well as possibly the cobb AP. I'm not looking to make huge horsepower out the car because one, I don't think the auto will take it well, and two it is my daily driver so I didn't buy it to make a race car. Basicly I'd like to know from those have have done these mods if in doing so I can meet meet the goals I've set for the car.

1. Quicker turbo response
2. Better driveablity
3. Slight increase in horsepower
4. Similar to stock noise levels

I realize that with a cat back there's going to be a little increase in noise, just don't want the fart-can sound effect like I had on my previous Mazda. Also since I'm really not familiar with the aftermarket for subaru's is cobb really the best place to source the parts from for a stock-like fitmet with NO CEL. No CEL is very important, just a personal thing that I can't stand.

·
Recovering Modaholic
1,304 Posts
sounds like you're on the right track, cobb catted turboback and AP will do the trick. you will notice an increase in noise but its a very nice noise, trust me :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts